cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pcl,xfd,cfg files in spool directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am seeing lot of spool files with extension .pcd,.xfd and .cfg in our spool directory. The numbers are lot.

Not sure why there are so many files.

Any idea ?

Also, please let me know if there is any document ot Notes about maintaining these files.

Thanks in Advance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

pcl, ps, zpl: printer files (PCL, PostScript, ZPL)

xfd: XML data

cfg: meta information in case a preview is requested from SP01

con, coa: special formats used when form bundling is enabled

These files are deleted when the corresponding spool request is deleted.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update !

Is there any document for this ?

Thanks!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

more details, about what I found on my system :

- These files are prefixed SPOOL0000000017_00001, where 0000000017 is the spool number, and 00001 is the part number.

-- SPOOL0000000017_00001.cfg

-- SPOOL0000000017_00001.xfd

-- SPOOL0000000017_00001.pcl

- When you display a pdf spool via SP01 :

-- sap reads the .cfg file where the corresponding SFP layout URI (used to identify the version of pdf layout),

-- sap reads the .xfd file (XFD data = values of pdf form fields in xml),

-- then it passes the form URI and XFD data to ADS, which gets the stored form layout details from the URI, and generates the pdf binary from the combination of form layout details and xfd data

-- then sap passes the pdf binary to the pdf viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help useful answer.

Still not clear about why it is all ADS spool data is stored under global rather than the configured directory as parameter in the instance profile.

All spool file except ADS are stored under specific spool directory as per instance profile parameter.

Please let me know if you have any information about redirecting ADS spool data to specific folder.

Thanks!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I debug ADS_WRITE_TO_FILE function module, I see that global directory is hardcoded (7.0 SP 13).

The only solution seems to not generate the spool file (archive only for example?). You may find additional information by looking at form OUTPUT_FORMS in program SAPLFPCOMP in which case (give us a feedback if you do some findings).

Also, there are some parameters in FPCONNECT table, especially for bundling mode (there is also DIR_GLOBAL parameter but I think it is useless in regard of your question). I don't know how it works, but there is some documentation in the sap library.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

in case a spool request is created, those files are written into the global directory. They are deleted as soon as the corresponding spool requested is deleted.

Best regards,

Andreas