cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM - DP Macro and unit conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using 2 data grids for our demand planning. One grid contains forecast quantity(KCS) and the other is for forecast value(USD$) data. We have a macro to calculate estimated $ value for the quantity entered. One of the key figures in the 2nd grid contains average price per unit(KCS) used to calculate value (qty X price). There is also an auxiliary key figure for average price per "displayed" unit.

Ideally the macro uses DISPLAY_CONV_FACTOR() to get the displayed unit conversion factor and apply it to the average price to calculate average price per "displayed" unit but it doesn't work at an aggregate level.

It appears that when the planning book is loaded at an aggregate level (not product level) and the user settings have it default to an alternate unit of measure or if the user changes the display unit interactively, the DISPLAY_CONV_FACTOR() function does not return a conversion factor for the aggregate.

I guess my first question is what I'm trying to do even possible? Is it possible to get a unit conversion factor at an aggregate level?

Any suggestions on how to calculate the unit price for the display unit in order to calculate demand forecast values?

Thanks,

Heidi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

What you are trying to do is not possible. Even though you have conversion factors, only detailed data is displayed at the alternative UOM level. the aggregate data is always displayed at the planning area base UOM.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

I still have to find a workaround for the request to calculate the ($) value of the demand quantity which will be in a different unit other than the base unit and often at an aggregate level. This will involve either converting the price/base unit to the price/display unit or doing the calculation using the qty/base unit X price/base unit.

I thought perhaps there would be some way in a macro to perform the calculation when either saving or loading the data assuming I could use the quantity in the base unit and price/base unit but it appears that in either situation the data is only available in the display unit and therefore I cannot do the simple: Qty/base unit X price/base unit calculation.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Heidi