Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO (krb5principalname) problem with special character

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello everyone,

We have a probleme dealing with special chacracters in krb5principalname.

Our users from south america and spain can't logon when they characters like ñ in their krb5principalname.

When i use the diagtool to log errors i get for mister Carlos Muñoz:

Couldn't find user by attribute krb5principalname = Carlos.mu??oz @ LA.MYCOMPANY.INTRA.

It has replaced the ñ by ??. I guess it's a codepage issue between our J2EE and Domain controler.

Do you know what kind of settings we are missings??

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Quentin

Edited by: Quentin Dubois on Jan 20, 2009 6:55 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Thx for the epaper, but it's only for initial set-up.

We have a fully operational SSO system. But i guess need to see where can i specify the codepage between our J2EE and our domain controler.

Anyone ??

good day

Quentin

0 Kudos

>

> We have a fully operational SSO system. But i guess need to see where can i specify the codepage between our J2EE and our domain controler.

I don't think you can change codepage. This problem is most likely due to the java implementation of Kerberos protocol which you are using. This is why we don't use the Java Kerberos library, and instead we use Kerberos library installed on operating system adn access this via a JNI. It is well known that Kerberos in Java SDK 1.4.x has many things which are not supported and it is behind when compared with other implementations of the protocol.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you already report this to SAP?

It could be either a configuration issue or a software defect.