cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF05 "Please enter partner and/or material data"

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i'd like to know if it's possible execute TC VF05 without a material or a partner number in the selection screen.

Si, if i need to list all the billing documents how to do????

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if you want to know only customer or material related billing documents then you can give that data and execute.

But without giving customer or material,but just give your company code and if you generate then it will show all billing documents of all customers and all materials

Regards

Srinath

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hello guys,

i am getting the one problem in the using of the T cde : Vf05n ,

in this tcode if i am entering the periods the system will not showing the all Documents

if i am not using the any date period system will showing the all documents, waht is the problem please kindly help me on this problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody,

- VF05N has not the material code. I need all the billing documents with material and partner code.

- I checked SHD0, and the material code are not mandatory. I suposse that the mandatory is in abap code.

- My system won't have hundreds of thousands documents. And i have the dates to filter. So I have not this problem. In fact, VA05 works without this problem. I can enter without a material or a partner.

I am thinking the solution is a query SQ01 and SQ02.

Thanks everybody.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are particular in material code, then you can go to SE16, input table VBRP and execute. You will get the required datas there.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When looking for a particular material number, SE16 + VRPMA will be much more efficient than VBRP. In VBRP the primary key is the document number, but in VRPMA it's the material number. To find all VBRP records for a particular material, SAP has to scan the whole table, which may be a very time- and resource-consuming process, depending on the number of records.

Also it seems that Rodrigo is looking for the Sales Org and partner data. This information won't be available in VBRP table. It will be in VBRK and possibly VBPA (depending on what partner is needed) for that.

Just want to highlight that performance must always be considered when running the reports or creating queries in SAP. Otherwise you might end up with a situation when no one can place an order in SAP because one person decided to run a report for all orders in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou very much.

The information will help me in order to do a query.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are in ECC6, VF05N would meet your requirement.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rodrigo, this is actually for your own protection. This transaction is using so called "index tables" - VRPMA and VRKPA. Note that one of the tables has Material and the other Partner as primary key. This is the reason why you need to provide one or another in this transaction.

If you have a large system and very many documents (say, hundreds of thousands) and the user runs the transaction for "everything", without specifying either material or partner, it can easily slow down the performance for all the users and even bring the whole system to is knees.

You may try, of course, to work around this, but you might end up with the calls from angry users. Not to mention your Basis admin won't be happy about this at all.

So, please carefully consider the number of documents in the system (including potential growth in the future!) and performance, before doing anything. Depending on your situation, it might be more beneficial to develop a SAP Query and, perhaps, apply a secondary index on VBRK or VBRP tables. I'd recommend discussing this with your ABAP and Basis team.

Edited by: Jelena Perfiljeva on Jan 20, 2009 3:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer, but one of those codes (partner or material) are mandatories. So I can not do you tell me.

I can not enter the plant or company code, thereis a red message " Please enter partner and/or material data

".

Regards

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If it is showing mandatory then just check any report , because as VF05 is a standard report we can modify it by removing the mandatory feild of KUNNR & MATNR .But i am not sure about that report

But also check through transaction variant SHD0 and check wheather KUNNR & MATNR are mandatory or not . IF they are mandatory, make them optional and then check wheather the KUNNR & MATNR are becoming optional feilds or not

Regards

Srinath