cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR - Role Limit within batch Risk Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently installed and followed the steps for upgrading from 4.0 to 5.2 Compliance Calibrator.

I am having a problem when running the user/role/profile Sync and Batch Risk Analysis for the first time.

Basically whilst running a full sync with the below selections it is only importing 2000 roles.

Batch Mode = Full Sync

Ruleset = Upgraded ruleset

Report type = Permission Level Analysis

User and Role Analysis are ticked (Profile is not - But have ran report with tick with no effect).

We currently have 13,000 roles on our system so its quite a large majority of roles to be missing.

Has anyone experienced any issues like this before or knows what/if we are doing anything incorrectly ?

Any suggestions would be welcome

Regards

Andrew Sawyer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anyone else have any ideas on what this issue could be ? I would be happy for all thoughts.

Regards

Andy Sawyer

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running CC4.0. When are not able to run our 8000 active users through the User Based Analysis Type -- even in the background job. We have broken up the users into 4 batches of no more than 2000 user ids at a time - otherwise the analysis won't run or it fails.

achristian17
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Are you scheduling the job in Background with 2 different jobs. One is for USER/ROLE/PROFILES full sync. Once this is done(Normally this'll be done faster compared to risk analysis). At this point of time you may check no of roles, users imported to RAR by search function. At this point you'll know whether back-end sync is happening correctly or not.

Later schedule Risk analysis, this may take relatively longer time based on your no of risks and other hardware params.

Rgds,

Asok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asok,

Thank you for your response, the issue I am having is actually to do with the amount of roles that are being imported.

Once I have ran the USER/ROLE/PROFILES full sync the amount of roles that have imported seems to be limited to 2000 (this is verified when I run a search I can only see 2000) even though the system I am importing from has 13,000 roles.

I have also viewed the Background job logs of the full sync and here is a small extract, please note the 1978 out of 2000:

INFO: Job ID:10 : Analysis starts: ZO_C2C_R-3_GCR0330_EM_001_GB&I

15-Jan-2009 12:22:29 com.virsa.cc.xsys.meng.ObjAuthMatcher <init>

FINEST: ObjAuthMatcher constructed: 0ms, #singles=5, #ranges=0, #super=0

15-Jan-2009 12:22:29 com.virsa.cc.xsys.riskanalysis.AnalysisEngine performActPermAnalysis

INFO: Job ID:10 : Analysis done: ZO_C2C_R-3_GCR0330_EM_001_GB&I elapsed time: 1209 ms --- 1978 Out of 2000 (98%) done

15-Jan-2009 12:22:29 com.virsa.cc.xsys.bg.BgJob setStatus

The background jobs all run fine, for instance I have ran a risk analysis but it was useless as it was only against 2000 roles not the full amount we have within our system.

Regards Andy