cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SOAP Adaptor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am fairly new to SAP, and have been given the task of creating a SOAP interface which will suck out data from SAP, which will be used as an adaptor for another application we use.

I read through some of the documentation online, and found some nice examples of putting data into SAP via SOAP (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4a/0f1e40777cdd5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm), but I am after sucking data out of SAP with the help of SOAP.

I want to setup a SOAP Request XML document on SAP, to spit out a SOAP Response XML document. I have a list of the data fields I want to grab, but little knowledge in how to have SAP export what I want.

Could someone please point me in the right direction on this one please?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you need is a RFC enabled function module to do the necessary operation on the ABAP side of the SAP system, which you can consume it as webservice from the external system.

check out these weblogs.

Developing Webservice

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/15/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-xiii-developing-abap-webservices

publishing to external UDDI

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/01/11/publishing-abap-webservices-to-an-external-uddi-server

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Those both helped me gain an understanding of the services a bit more, but I saw no mention (unless I missed it) or exporting an XML file containing data... I did notice on the first link, a connection to a database table though.

Any extra info to help me out on this would be highly appreciated.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you mean that you want a webservice on SAP side which will be called from external system passing xml data which the webservice needs to parse and upload to SAP tables?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the situation...

I need to get Data which SAP stores exported into XML files, so a third party application my company uses can use it to make reports.

I am not allowed direct access to the Oracle Database, so I am finding out ways to get the information I need directly from SAP, and I heard it made use of SOAP, so I was hoping to use that to suck out the information I need.

I need Equipment information, such as:

Equipment ID, Description, Manufacturer, Object type, Model number, FunctLocation, TechIdentNo, Material, Serial number, Plant, StorLocation, Inventory no

and a few more. I found a way to export this out manually to an Excel Spreadsheet, but I want something more automated, like an XML dump or even CSV.

I hope that explained my situation a bit better?

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok so you want to read data from SAP.

1. external application pulling the data from SAP

In this case write a RFC enabled function module which just has to read the data and retung in a table format.

when you consume this RFC as a webservice from external application the returned data in table format is sent in XML format.

The wsdl file path which your external system would require to consume this RFC as a webservice will be like this

http://<WASSERVER>.<DOMAIN>.com:<PORT>/sap/bc/soap/wsdl11?services=<rfc fm NAME>&sap-client=<CLIENT>

2. pushing out the data from SAP to some location.

for this approach you just need an ABAP program which reads the data and dumps it as a file to a speicified location locally or in the network.

if you want to data to be stored as XML you can use key word CALL TRANSFORMATION to transform the internal table data to XML format before dumping.

Hope this is clear.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds great!!

I have only one question left now, and that is if you could direct me to a tutorial or something that will help me understand how to write an RFC enabled function module.

OR

If you could direct me on how I would go about making an ABAP program.

I am very new to SAP, so I am still working my way around it. Thanks for your patience.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here is a tutorial on this subject.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/64f629fa8911d386e70000e82011b8/frameset.htm">Exercise 3: Creating a Function Module in a Remote System</a>

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved, thanks for the help!

Answers (0)