cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Menu option missing in PI 7.1 from PI 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Presently i am working on PI 7.1. In Integration Directory, if you click on the menu option <object type> (like communication channel, Receiver Determination etc.) in PI 7.0 you have an option as "Display XML Format" which displays the XML version of that configured object.

But this "Display XML Format" option is not there in PI 7.1 menu <object type>. Does anyone know where this option will be in PI 7.1?

I need this option to get the techncial names of the various parameters that we configure in the object (XML tags gives the technical name of the parameter). without this option i am not able to get the technial names. I am using Directory API to create these objects from outside PI (from wiothin NWDS) and while coding i need the technical name of the parameters i need to configure.

Please help in this.

Thanks,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure about Display XML Format

but to get the technical name for your ID API, you can alwasy call the ID API web service in your wsnavigator and find out any information you need to call the API.

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

Thats true. I can do that and i have done if for some of the parameters but for parameters which is a namve-value pair, we dont get them from wsnavigator say for example Adapter Specific Attributes in a File communication Channel!

I hope you got my point.

Thanks,

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

even for adapter-specific attributes, you can get them from the wsnavigator. For your example of CC of file adapter, the response of the CC service contains an array of AdapterSpecificAttribute which returns all file adapter specific attribtues you specified in your CC. Which attribute you can't get from wsnavigator?

Basically, whatever you can pass to ID API, you can get from the other operation of the ID API. Maybe there is some exception. If so, please let me know.

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jayson,

When i select the communication channel web service in the WSNAVIGATOR i gt a list of operations i can perform. I select the CREATE operation to create a CC. Then it gives me a list of parameters which i can pass. For Adapter Specific Attibutes, there is an array ([]) with a "+" sign infront of it which should open all the lsit of parameters in it. But when u click on it, it opens up two fields "Name" and "Value" where as there should be fields like File Name, Directory etc. If i want to set File Name as True i dont know the technical name of this perticular parameter.

Or is there any other way to find it. Please suggest.

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

for the same web service (ID API), there is another operation as read, run this web service to read information of a CC with the desired adapter specific parameter specified in you CC. You will see the parameter name in the response of the read operation, just use the same paramter name as input data in the create operation. That should answer your question.

Or you mean something else?

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

Thanks for the response. I could understand what you said and the use of the READ operation. I was not aware that we could read already defined communication channel via this web service.

The concept is clear and it should solve the issue but from usability point of view, when i run the READ operation, it asks me for ComponentID and ChannelID. From where do i get these ids from my communication channel configuration? Is it the Object ID which we can see from the Properties of the channel? Please do let me know this and i guess i will be done with my doubt.

Thanks,

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

I finally got it. The ComponentID and ChannelId is nothing but the Communication Component name and communication channel name. I dont know why they have mentioned it as ID.

I ran with the names and the response gave me all the Name-Value pair!

Thanks for this. This would really help me in my development.

Regards,

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad that your issue is solved.