RTA integration: Differences for Adaptive RFC & SAP JCO and Risk Terminator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GRC gurus,

I am defining online connectors with two main objectives:

1) Use of RTA functionality

2) Use Risk Terminator in the backend

and I have two questions:

A) What is the differences between a connector of type Adaptive RFC and SAP JCO?

B) If I want to implement Risk Terminator, Can I choose both type of connection types?

Many thanks in advance. Best regards,

Imanol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanol

SAP recommends to use the adaptive RFC JCOs because they are better than SAP JCO.

The reason is that with adaptive RFC JCOs, which uses SLD , which is better, fast, secure ,encrypted, and snc, supported communication with in your landscape. Because of the difference in efficiency, you should consider using the 21 adaptive RFC JCos for your high volume or production environments.

In SAPJCO , you do not use SLD, and you directly give the login details of your back end system which ofcourse miss the features of SLD

For Implementing Risk Terminator , you should only use adaptive RFC JCO.

I hope your got your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In regards to this question, does anybody have a ideally of technically why "Adaptive RFC"'s are better over "SAP JCo". I would have thought having direct communication between the RAR tool and the back-end is better than dealing with the middle solution of an SLD? Also, by just maintaining the SAP JCo from RAR 5.3, it is less maintenance as you don't have to take care of it on the Web Dynpro side.

I am trying both methods with the current 5.3 set up I am working with, but I am finding it slightly inconclusive of which method is better.

Please do feel free to correct my understanding.

Answers (0)