cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

its iserver nstead java WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

can pls. tell me some reasons why not using its server instead of using java webdynpro ?

Bye

sas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem,

Please check this [blog |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2047] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Siva

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem,

Check out the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/1e/82daf0ee9911d3a6510000e835363f/frameset.htm

It says:

With the integrated ITS in the SAP Web Application Server, the Web browser can now communicate directly with the SAP System. Furthermore, all ITS-related sources, such as service files, HTML templates or MIME files, are now stored in the system's database, similar to ABAP sources.

Also check the following FAQs

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b161a590-0201-0010-5590-91fa5076...

Does the SAP Web Application Server replace the SAP Internet Transaction Server (SAP ITS)?

No, the SAP Internet Transaction Server (SAP ITS) will continue to be supported in the future and is integrated into Web Application Server from version 6.40 on. This is because the SAP ITS will in future display Dynpro-based SAP applications to the Web, either using the HTML-GUI or with HTML-template based IACs. This integration reduces the additional hardware for an external ITS. All SAP ITS based applications and the administration will work as before.

Flow Logic technology will also not be supported by the SAP Web Application Server. ITS Flow Logic is an approach to Web application development that is now completely covered by the new "Business Server Pages" technology and others. New applications based on ITS Flow Logic are no longer developed by SAP. Existing applications based on ITS Flow Logic will continue to be supported. SAP recommends customers use the Business Server Pages for new projects or projects in an early stage of development instead of ITS Flow Logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought the framework for web application development that SAP recommended was Web Dynpro. If you have Java Skills and JDI installed , you can use web dynpro java, if not and you have netweaver 2004s abap stack you can use web dynpro abap... and if not all of these, you can use BSP.

I must admit I have never heard of ITS web studio ...

Have a nice day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem,

The ITS is the interface between the Internet and R/3 and is the runtime engine that links Web server to the R/3 Application server.

The aim is to create applications that send documents back to the Web browser client in plain HTML format, since this format can be handled by all major browsers. This is important in an environment like the Internet where there is often little control you can exert over client software such as Web browsers.you can also use Dynamic HTML, Java applets, JavaScript, and VBScript in you HTML templates, because the script language is transparent to the ITS

ITS solution has oter benefits like Ease of development,Ease of deployment and Ease of use.

for further info check this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi erdem,

Webdynpro is latest one available for use and allows users more flexibility wrt the ITS server. For precise differences between the two you can check the following link:

/people/guru.subramanianb/blog/2005/07/25/wasweb-dynpro-vs-itsits-webstudio

This will guide you.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

web dynpro is a technology used to develop web interfaces ... this gives you more flexibility.

ITS just translates SAPGUI transactions to html. To my knowledge , there is not much you can customize with its. It is used to give web access to a transaction that is only available in SAPGUI.

Perhaps I am missing something ?

Take care.