cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iChart & Fixed Query /w scooter values in legend (xMII 11.5.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, this is my first post here and I hope that I can get some help.

Environment Details:

Server: Windows 2003, xMII 11.5.1, Java Plugin 1.4.2_13

Client: Windows XP, IE6, Java Plugin 1.4.2_13

My problem is that I cannot get scooter values to show in the legend with a simple iChart & Fixed Query. At least not without more problems. Let me explain...

The following chart & query does not show scooter values in the legend (values are shown in the upper left hand corner for the selected item though):

<applet name="ProcessDataApplet" height="421" width="1259" code="iChart" archive="illum8.zip" codebase="/Illuminator/Classes" "mayscript="true">
<param name="Mode" value="FixedQuery" />
<param name="QueryTemplate" value="Allvac/AMP/QueryTemplate" />
<param name="DisplayTemplate" value="Allvac/AMP/DisplayTemplate" />
<param name="Server" value="MONROE_VAR_ARMS" />
<param name="Query" value="SELECT [TIMESTAMP],[ACTUAL_FURNACE_CURRENT],[ACTUAL_FURNACE_VOLTAGE],[RAM_VELOCITY] FROM [PRODUCT_HEADER] INNER JOIN [PRODUCT_AUDIT_DATA] ON ([PRODUCT_HEADER].[PRODUCT_KEY] = [PRODUCT_AUDIT_DATA].[PRODUCT_KEY]) WHERE [PRODUCT_HEADER].[PRODUCT_KEY] = '525cb615-1b15-4b07-aa7c-9f1df9c47ba3' AND [TIMESTAMP] >= '02/27/2008 03:21:22' AND [TIMESTAMP] <= '02/27/2008 15:14:34' ORDER BY [TIMESTAMP] ASC" />
<param name="RowCount" value="8558" />
<param name="ChartType" value="Line" />
<param name="AxisValueColumn" value="TIMESTAMP" />
<param name="XAxisFontSize" value="10" />
<param name="LegendWidth" value="40" />
<param name="LegendFontSize" value="10" />
<param name="GlobalServerScaling" value="false" />
<param name="ZeroBasedScale" value="true" />
<param name="UseScreenResolution" value="false" />
<param name="EnableDoubleClickRefresh" value="false" />
<param name="ShowMouseTracking" value="true" />
<param name="ShowScooter" value="true" />
<param name="AutoScale.1" value="true" />
<param name="Decimals.1" value="2" />
<param name="AutoScale.2" value="true" />
<param name="Decimals.2" value="2" />
<param name="MinRange.3" value="0.00000" />
<param name="MaxRange.3" value="0.40000" />
<param name="Decimals.3" value="2" />
</applet>

I went one step further to see if I could get the scooter values shown in the legend. I modified the query to use the StartDate & EndDate placeholders like so:

SELECT [TIMESTAMP],[ACTUAL_FURNACE_CURRENT],[ACTUAL_FURNACE_VOLTAGE],[RAM_VELOCITY] FROM [PRODUCT_HEADER] INNER JOIN [PRODUCT_AUDIT_DATA] ON ([PRODUCT_HEADER].[PRODUCT_KEY] = [PRODUCT_AUDIT_DATA].[PRODUCT_KEY]) WHERE [PRODUCT_HEADER].[PRODUCT_KEY] = '525cb615-1b15-4b07-aa7c-9f1df9c47ba3' AND [TIMESTAMP] >= [SD] AND [TIMESTAMP] <= [ED] ORDER BY [TIMESTAMP] ASC

I also added my initial StartDate & EndDate parameters:

<param name="StartDate" value="02/27/2008 03:21:22" />
<param name="EndDate" value="02/27/2008 15:14:34" />

NOW the scooter values are shown in the legend, which is great, but all of a sudden the zoom is broken. When I select an area to zoom and then click the zoom button, it zooms to a completely different area of the chart. This is worse than my original problem.

Can someone please help me out with this? I have a feeling I'm leaving out something simple, but I can't find it.

By the way, my display template and query template used in this example are empty so that I could show all parameters to you.

Thanks,

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your version of 11.5 is 3+ years old (11.5 SP06 is the last service pack for the 11.5 version and is available on Service Marketplace).

Since your Line chart is now 'time based', meaning that you've enabled the SD and ED tokens in your query, the rubber band zooming should set both the min/max Y scale and StartDate and EndDate based upon the edges of the rectangle zoom area. When you zoom in with the button it should set the Y-Axis range and also requery the data with the new date range.

Do the SD and ED buttons in the time refresh control bar reflect the time window you've selected? These 2 dates should come from the underlying query template and should also reflect the left/right most edges of your rubber banded region.

If you add this line to your applet tags you will see (look in the Sun Java Console) the post data request made by the applet and the underlying dates passed to the query:

<PARAM NAME="Trace" VALUE="true">

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To conclude the discussion, in my version of xMII 11.5.1:

Fixed Query w/out SD & ED date placeholders and pens set at different scales:

rubber band zoom works, scooter values do not show in the legend

Fixed Query w/ SD & ED date placeholders and pens set at different scales:

rubber band zoom is broken, scooter values show in the legend

Fixed Query w/ SD & ED date placeholders and pens set to global auto scale:

rubber band zoom works, scooter values show in the legend

I am aware of their plans to upgrade to xMII 12 in the very near future. I was hoping to fix this particular problem in the meantime, but I guess I'll have to choose which two out of the three features I want since I have to use FixedQuery against the SQL Server database.

rubber band zoom & different scales per pen

rubber band zoom & scooter values in legend

scooter values in legend & different scales per pen

Thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I removed scaling and accuracy parameters. I also removed some parameters that controlled styling. I added global auto scaling.

Now X & Y are updating properly on zoom. Although unzoom isn't working for start date and end date. They stay at the zoomed date. The post data also shows the zoomed dates being sent to the server after unzoom. The Y range updates properly on unzoom.

Here is my updated applet html:

<applet name="ProcessDataApplet" height="421" width="1259" code="iChart" archive="illum8.zip" codebase="/Illuminator/Classes" "mayscript="true">
<param name="Mode" value="FixedQuery" />
<param name="InitialUpdate" value="true" />
<param name="QueryTemplate" value="Allvac/AMP/QueryTemplate" />
<param name="DisplayTemplate" value="Allvac/AMP/DisplayTemplate" />
<param name="Server" value="MONROE_VAR_ARMS" />
<param name="Query" value="SELECT [TIMESTAMP],[ACTUAL_FURNACE_CURRENT],[ACTUAL_FURNACE_VOLTAGE],[RAM_VELOCITY] FROM [PRODUCT_HEADER] INNER JOIN [PRODUCT_AUDIT_DATA] ON ([PRODUCT_HEADER].[PRODUCT_KEY] = [PRODUCT_AUDIT_DATA].[PRODUCT_KEY]) WHERE [PRODUCT_HEADER].[PRODUCT_KEY] = '525cb615-1b15-4b07-aa7c-9f1df9c47ba3' AND [TIMESTAMP] >= [SD] AND [TIMESTAMP] <= [ED] ORDER BY [TIMESTAMP] ASC" />
<param name="RowCount" value="10000" />
<param name="StartDate" value="02/27/2008 03:21:22" />
<param name="EndDate" value="02/27/2008 15:14:34" />
<param name="ChartType" value="Line" />
<param name="GlobalAutoScale" value="true" />
<param name="UseScreenResolution" value="false" />
<param name="ShowMouseTracking" value="true" />
<param name="ShowScooter" value="true" />
<PARAM NAME="Trace" VALUE="true">
</applet>

This problem isn't making any sense to me. The documentation makes it sound like showing the current values in the legend is as easy as setting ShowScooter = true. This wasn't the case for me though. I had to use the [SD] and [ED] placeholders in my fixed query before the values would show up in the legend. But then zooming breaks. It looks like we're heading in the right direction to get the zooming fixed, but at the cost of being able to scale each pen.

The first thing you said to me in your first post was that I'm using a 3+ years old version of xMII. Are you saying there is a good chance this is a bug? I was pretty convinced from the beginning that this problem is a bug. The customer I am working for set me up with an xMII 11.5.1 server because that is what they are using in production. Is there an online document with a list of bug fixes between versions? If this is a known bug in 11.5.1 then maybe I can get the go ahead to upgrade.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Zoom out button is essentially the [zoomFullScale()|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Applet_Reference_Details/Illuminator_iChart_Reference/iChart_Reference.htm] method call and is only intended to zoom back out to the full Y-Axis scale.

Turning on the scooter values would be as easy as a checkbox if you were using a Tag query in History mode (Global Server scaling is also on by default which works based upon the tag meta-data from the historian for scaling and description). In order to emulate the prototypical Line trend with a fixed query you had to provide the query with the SD and ED time based placeholders. When you rubber band zoom it sets the fixed YAxis to the top/bottom of the rectangle, and passes in new dates to the underlying query based upon the left/right of the rectangle.

11.5.6 is the latest and final update to the 11.5 release, with version 12.0 general availability since December 2007, and 12.1 presently in the ramp-up phase. Terry and John can update you on their plans for moving forward.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried your suggestions. After zooming, the dates on the start date and end date buttons match up with the dates that were at the edges of the zoom rectangle. Also, after turning on trace, the post data showed that the start date and end date being sent to the server were correct too. So everything is fine there.

The problem is that the Y-value range is incorrect after zooming. The Y-value at the top of the rectangle was 12,553.51 and the Y-value at the bottom of the rectangle was 5446.49. After zooming, Y-max is 9080.88 and Y-min is 3966.91.

Here are some before and after screenshots that may or may not be of much help....

Link: [Before Zoom|http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/jessann43/chart_before.jpg]

Link: [After Zoom|http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/jessann43/chart_after.jpg]

Does this extra information help narrow down the problem at all?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see that you have different scaling between pens - try Global Auto Scaling to see if the rubber banding works with that.

The right-click chart properties dialog will allow you to experiment effectively with the scaling of the chart in a WYSIWYG format, also allowing you to see how it impacts the top/bottom of the zooming rectangle.