Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynpro - Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i have two questions:

1. is it possible to use standard ALVs, transactions or dialogs in a web dynpro environment ?

2. What can i use in Web Dynpro from the standard abap coding ? (functions, OO, dialogs) ?

Are there documents i can refer to ?

Thanks and best regards

René

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

1. is it possible to use standard ALVs, transactions or dialogs in a web dynpro environment ?

No. Any SAPGUI based constructus like dynpro, enjoy controls, listprocessing, etc. can not be used in Web Dynpro directly. There are a few hacks where you use the integrated ITS to run this content within the browser via an iFrame, Portal iView, or navigation - but nothing where this content is directly reusable in Web Dynpro.

2. What can i use in Web Dynpro from the standard abap coding ? (functions, OO, dialogs) ?

From an ABAP language syntax standpoint everything that is allowed in the ABAP OO structure with the exception of dynpro or SAPGUI specific commands (like CALL SCREEN) can be used in Web Dynpro ABAP.

Existing functions and classes are more dependent upon what is used within the object. As long as the object doesn't contain dynpro or SAPGUI specific commands you are fine. Also objects that output list processing directly to the screen will not function correctly.

In general avoid the GUI_* function modules and the CL_GUI_* classes.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

thank you, that solved my question.

Best regards

René

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Here is a help link that lists the language syntax elements that can not be used in Web Dynpro ABAP:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/905cca39871e1ee10000000a42189d/frameset.htm