cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERP in VOV4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I want to have on the invoice packing material (VERP) with zero value.

Now the sistem, in sales order say: item category is not defined (Table T184 XTA VERP).

XTA = OR (standard order in SAP Business All-in-One).

What is the normal connection OR with VERP in VOV4?

Thank you.

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

VERP is the "Item category group" used for Non-returnable Packaging material.

Normally, there is no connection between OR and VERP.

Beacuse, Packaging materials are "Order-independent items" (means with out order) and for Order-independent items , Item category are determined in Delivery.

So, it may be Returnable or Non-returnable Packaging material, their Item categories are determined in Delivery.

So, you can go for the Item category determination for the non-returnable packaging material as below.

Delivery Type (e.g, LF)Item category group (e.g, VERP)Item usage ( PACK )+Item category of higher level item ( if exists) = Delivery Item category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THE ITEM CATEGORY FOR NON RETURNABLE PACKAGING IS DEFINED IN DELIVERY AND NOT IN SALES ORDER...I HAD MISTAKENLY WRITTEN IN MY EARLIER POST TO YOU THE ASSIGNMENT OF ITEM CATEGORY DLN IN VOV4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is VERP item we will use generally in Delivery along with main item which we have defined material group of packaging material.For this delivery item catagery determination has to be done.

It also picks in billing.

In your case it seems you are trying to do in sales order.(without item in sales order also packaging material can be entered in delivery).So you are getting the error which u stated.

Do item catagery determination for your

sales document/item catagery group/item catagery usage/item catagery

so that you can create a sles order.

Regards,

Reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maintain item category determination for VERP in delvery with Tcode 0184.

LF(DEL DOC) - VERP(item cat. gp) - blank - DLN.

I hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Abhee.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John,

-->You need to create Packing(VERP)material master data with material type VERP in MM01 transaction.

-->Maintain item category group as VERP in the Sales: Sales Organization Data view for the packing material.

-->Do the itemcategory determination for this key combination

Sales document type(OR)+Item categroy group(VERP)--->Item category (TAN)

What is the normal connection OR with VERP in VOV4?

Through VOV4 transaction we will do the item category determination.In the packing item item categroy determination sales document type OR and itemcategory group VERP will be used as key combination.

The packing item itemcategory will get determine based on this key combination

Sales document type OR+Itemcategory group VERP --->Packing item item category.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There make a combination of sales document/ item category group (VERP)/and your item category DLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is as you have your own sales document(not standard OR) and you are using to create sales order with your own Z document,system is not detemining VERP and your z document with item.

maintain Item catagery detemination for your sales dcoument and item.

Regards,

Reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mihaescu

you should maintain your sales order type OR, the item category group in your material master data and your item category VERP as a combination. then VERP can be used in sales documents.