cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create standard WBS element we use CJ91 T code and that in turn creates the standard project definition. Now this definition has the top level WBS and hierarchy of WBS below it. But this template will not have network and activities under it.

Then we can create standard Network in CN01 which will have set of activities under it.

Now when we go to CJ20N, there we can add standard WBS and network under the template area. Now when i am creating operative project from It, i have to pull the standard project defintion and standard network seperately (This standard network will be assigned to the required WBS in operative project). After which the project structure gets created.

My question is that is there any T code where we can prepare the template which will have all the componenets of the project structure in it so that we can directly go to CJ20N and create project from the template.

Waiting for reply please.

Thanks

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

There is no tcode like CJ20N for standard structures. What you could do is link your standard network to standard WBS in CN02. Here goto 'Total' tab and link activities of standard netwrok to standard WBS.Further you need no call standard WBS & network seperately while creating opeartive project. Copying either one will result in creation of WBS and network both. Also you can assign material BOM to standard network activities in CN02.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shrikant.

Let me try into the system and i will let u know.

Can you please try to look at following doubt which i have in my mind

Hi,

What i understood about forecasting is that -

When the project is released, it has the cost planned and the budget at the WBS level. When the activity is completed, cost is posted against the activity and it gets posted at the WBS element.

Now if the network has 10 activity and i have posted the cost for the 5 activity, project forecasting compares this actual cost and committments against plan and take the corrective measures for the remaining 5 activities to bring them back on track.

Is it correct? If yes, Can u answer my following doubts -

If the WBS has 1000 USD as budget and the 5 activity has already taken 700, then do forecasting adjust the remaining 300 for the remaining 5 activity or what action it takes during the forecasting?

Or Forecasting is something different that this?

Waiting for reply please.

Thanks

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

System wont adjust any costs as you stated.

Project cost forecast tells you, what will be cost at completion of your project based on its current progress. Refer this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/df/56121cc3c411d1ad990000e8a6353a/content.htm

Request you to raise seperate thread when you are asking new question. This will enable other users to

reply to your question or they may think about earlier post from the topic.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same funcationaliyt is not exist for the standard structure as we have in CJ20n for the opertive structure, in any of the txn.

However the best workaround would be like this.

In Cj92 first create P.D. than after create one level one WBS. --> Select that WBS in the WBS hierarchy view --> got to Std. WBS view ( top left corner ) --> Copy from --> WBS element Project ( Operative ).

in this way you would be able to use operative WBs for your structuring of std. PD. once you have made std. PD you can use them collectively rather than, as you are using std. WBS & Std. Network individually.

pl refer this post on similar topic.

Regards

Nitin