Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in copying from 1 swc to another

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I did a copy object from 1 software component to another, but when i test it, its throwing an error

D:\usr\sap\PID\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\.\temp\classpath_resolver\Mapfa653ec0e6f811ddb9c4005056ab0912\source\com\sap\xi\tf\_FunctionalAcknowledgement_to_A_997_ALL_.java:9: package com.seeburger.functions.permstore.impl does not exist import com.seeburger.functions.permstore.impl.*;

But when i go to functions tab, the function is already imported. (pi 7.1)

Please advise

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

com.seeburger.functions.permstore.impl must be 3rd party library, right?

You see import statement in the function, it only mean the java class wants to use the classes, but does not mean the java classes (jar file) is physically included in the SWC. So you have to upload or deploy (depends on how your java function is developed) the 3rd jar files into your new SWC. To be more precise, you need to tell how your java function is developed.

Jayson

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i just re-did the entire copying with dependent objects ,still its not happening.

hey jayson

whatever has to be imported has been imported. But still..

Thanks

Edited by: Saiyog Gonsalves on Jan 20, 2009 4:03 PM

Edited by: Saiyog Gonsalves on Jan 20, 2009 4:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked followoing? what is your finding? are the Archives used the same in your original MM and the new MM?

In you MM editor of your original SWC, in Functions tab, click on the Archives Used to see if any impoted archives are used. If yes, check if those are also included in your new SWC in the tab Archives Used.

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes i did check the archives in the Function Tab, but its blank from where i have copied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very strange. If you don't specify the 3rd party library over there, you should get syntax error in your mapping udf which refers to the 3rd party java classes. Maybe the 3rd party lib is deployed to your java AS and your original SWC has dependency on the lib. Can you check in your SLD about the dependency of your original SWC? Goto sld, find the SWC, click on the tab Dependencies to see if any specified. If yes, do the same for your new SWC

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...how did you solve this error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the following:

1) Did you copy using the "all dependant objects" feature ?

2) Check whether the SeeXIFunctions and SeeXICommonCollection archives are available in the NEW SWC !

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no external java programs written. its just that there are some UDF's written and are using this

com.seeburger.functions.permstore.impl.*;

Note: Whatever had to be imported in the imported archives has been imported.

Thanks

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson

When i do a copy object of my mapping, it automatically copies all the imported functions and libraries.

In my function tab, in the imported packages, its displaying

com.seeburger.functions.permstore.impl.*;

But when i test it, its showing it does not exist.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the second swc in imported archives, you will need to import your JAVA mapping program...........then test your mapping in IR........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Jan 20, 2009 3:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saiyog

as said, In my function tab, in the imported packages, its displaying

com.seeburger.functions.permstore.impl. it only means it need to use the specified package. However to use it you have to make the package physically available by uploading the jar.

I guess you use it in you mapping, right? In you MM editor of your original SWC, in Functions tab, click on the Archives Used to see if any impoted archives are used. If yes, check if those are also included in your new SWC in the tab Archives Used.

Jayson