cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost text in Deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In Our SAP system we are facing a problem related to text. In delivery header some unwanted text is getting copied from unknown place. This is called as Ghost text or Phantom text. SAP provided us a program RVTEXTE to clear such unwanted text in Sales or Delivery documents.

When we run this program system will clear ghost text from SO or Deliveries. But in our case system is clearing the Sales Orders text, but not in Deliveries. Some time this text is some delivery address or text related to transporter which may lead the business in a wrong way.

Why the program not clearing the text in Delivery header?

Any ideas please!

Thanks in advance

Venkat Cheedalla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we changed the program objects to run for a VTTK and we did not came across again.

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

Could you try running RVTEXTE with the following values to see if there are any incorrect entries:

Text object VTTK

Text types *

Text language *

Text name $*

User

I have seen this issue in the past and these parameters removed the phantom text.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian Kehoe,

We started background jobs one for VBBK and another for VTTK, running regularly. still we are getting Phantom text some times,

Any help help from experts,

Thanks

Venkat Cheedalla

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Could you please try this:

SE16 -> STXH

Text Name (TDNAME) = X*

and click on number of entries.

Do you have any entries? If so what are the text objects (TDOBJECT) for these entries?

Best regards,

Ian

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't see anything specific to the document type in this program. It should delete the text according to the parameters. If sales orders and deliveries have different text objects (VBBK is just the defaut value) or text types, then, naturally, you'll need to run the program more than once with different parameters.