cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of QC sample on Process Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we are posting GR of our Finished or semi finished goods an inspection lot will be created. when we take the Usage Decision on this lot and took samples from the total and post the remaining quantity in unrestricted. the cost will be charged on Process order, which is wrong. we want that the cost should be charged on a QC cost center. when we take Usage Decision on raw and packing material the it always ask for the cost center and the cost is charged on that cost center. in case of finished and semi finished it is not asking. and if we forced it to a cost center it always charged it to a process order.

1. explain me that charging of qc cost or sample cost on process order is standard?

2. what could be the solution of this problem?

3. what could be the work around of this?

Do participate points are guaranteed on value added input.........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed ,

Use QM order ....... this will solve all your issues...

Please let us know if you have any further query on the same.

Thanks

Kaushik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik,

thnx alot dear for your timely input..... our client has been agreed to accept it as process order cost..... but still thanx alot for ur input dear......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx alot for ur input...... kindly check if there is any work around bcoz if i do the ud on raw and packing material it will charge off the cost to cost centre but not in case of semi finished or finished material dear ok thnx alot again to both of u...

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed ,

In that case what I can think of is introduce a new operation as quality inspection in routing & then implemenent activity as activity cost for the same . Now confirm the operation & there you can capture the time spend in quality & translate that in amount through the activity pricing ......

But in this also it will have effect in the order cost but you can differrentaiate the amount spend in mfg & amount in quality seperately...........

Thanks

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not using QM orders to record inspection costs... we are just recording scrap quantities/ inspection stock posting and we just want all cost to be charged against a cost center instead of process order......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayed,

I guess w/o implementing the QM Order you can't separate this cost from Process Order.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sayed,

[Pls refer the link|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/QMCOST/QMCOST.pdf]

Regards,

Shyamal