cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I include the Header Information....for a File to IDOC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I made a File to IDOC Scenario with DEBMDM06 for MDM>XI>SAP R/3. The Header Information in the XML File which is at the XI end is Missing. For that reason In Tcode SXMB_MONI we are getting an Error that <b>"HEADER Information Missing: Message should Start with EDI_DC40"</b> i.e the Header Information.

My Question is that whether we can do some changes in the Message mapping Step in the Integration Repository. I HardCoded the Few mandatory Fields that were there but it Again gave me the Same Error as above.

Can you please Suggest some Solution for this. Since the data is Coming in from MDM part the Header information is not there but It actually Important as it has got all the Port Information.

Kindly Inform me some Solutions.

Thanks & Regards

Somnath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

We had worked on similar MDM senarios where the header was not required.

Just disable the segment u do not require and go ahead. It will not throw errors. We had done a similar senario and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Rergards,

Jesse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The solution would be to disable the header information.

In message mapping, right click on EDI_DC40 of the target message type and select disable field.

This way the header is ignored, and the mapping must happen successfully.

Regards,

Smitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for ur Reply, but Since we are Doing a File to IDOC Scenario the IDOC DEBMDM is on the Right Side in Message Mapping and as U know it is Mandatory to Map an IDOC on the Right Part. EDI_DC40 is coming as it is there in the IDOC but our XML File Does not have that. If we Don't Map then it Becomes RED, which is an Error.

Furthermore in the Receiver Agreement we have put the Necessary Details such as Sender Service and Receiver Service along with the IDOC Communication Channels.

Can U give as a Better Insight on this Note how to check the Header Part as it is mandatory to MAP.We also tried to HARDCODE it by putting those Values and Mapping them to a Constant but it is Giving the Same Error.

Thanks and Regards

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

If you dont want some mandatory fields to be mapped, do one thing just disable it as even mapping it with a constant is throwing out an error for u.

Are you testing the mapping everytime you make some changes in your mapping????...are there any errors there?

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Can U give as a Better Insight on this Note how to check the Header Part as it is mandatory to MAP.We also tried to HARDCODE it by putting those Values and Mapping them to a Constant but it is Giving the Same Error.

</i>

You right click on that edidc segment and there is a option called disable field , diabale the field , then the red sign will vanish, put some test data in the grid to your left and retest the message mapping .

It should work .Also recheck that you have mapped the other mandatory segments of the idoc .

Regards,

Anirban.

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somanth,

In your A2A Scenario(MDM>XI>R/3) by default EDI_DC40 is generated from the values specified BS in the SLD.

Make sure that you have Logical System defined for the Sender TS and BS in SLD and this LS must be maintained in R/3 using Transaction SALE or BD54.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't need EDI_DC40 then disable it in the mapping and in receiver agremeent specify your sender interface name (if you are in SP14 or above)

Regards

Suraj