cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in Transport Request of ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a Transport Request made import'd to Q-Sys, Now i need to Make some changes I've set the status to IN-dev & made changes & saved ,also released the transport request, still no changes found, Plz suggest me a remedy?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Savithru,

the normal process to import in QSystem your change via charm is to run the action "test transport" when you are "in development" for normal change document (SDMJ). You need to release your task prior to this action.

This action will create a copy of your intial transport and will release it to the import buffer of your Q system. (the initial transport is NOT released). You can see the transport number in your log in your change document.

The actual import in Q needs to be scheduled manually or automatically

Do you see your transport of copy in the import buffer of your Q-System ?

I hope it helps

br Xavier

former_member192895
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

We are also facing the same problem. We are able to see the transport request in Q-system buffer but unable to release the initial transport.

Can you provide some information on this context?

Thanks,

Pooja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

as long the correction SDMJ is not "successfully tested" by you the final transport won't be released.

When you test your transport a copy of this transport will be released.

The same happends when you close your development

Only correction in consolidated status will see the "initial" transport released, all other operation will send copies of it.

Just look in the log of the correction to see the number of this transports.

feel free to ask if unclear

br Xavier

former_member192895
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier ,

Thanks for the quick reply.

As per you said the transport request will get released only after the success of 'successfully tested' action .But the problem is we are unable to perform this action even the customization/correction made by us is reflected in the Q-system.

Error: No correction has been made.Hence not allowed for action to be performed.

Please suggest to resolve this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pooja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Pooja,

could you confirm in which status is your SDMJ document now ? and which action are you calling ?

I interpret that your document is in TO BE TESTED status and you try to perform the action CONFIRM SUCCESSFULL TEST

Your project is also in development with release phase

Your transport of copies (see your log in the document) are wel imported in QA, check the log file in your development system.

Is it the case ?

Please confirm that I can help you further

br Xavier