cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Pack Error:Error in phase: IMPORT_PROPER and Table RSMPTEXTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all experts:

I m trying to apply Support Pack 16 for SAP_BASIS component.I m getting the following error:

"Error in phase: IMPORT_PROPER

Reason for error: TP_STEP_FAILURE

Return code: 0008"

Table RSMPTEXTS: Duplicate record during array insert occured.

Main import

End date and time : 20090120110551

Ended with return code: ===> 8 <===

Start import LIMUCUADBTFR_COPY ...

1 entry for TADIR updated (R3TRPROGBTFR_COPY ).

0 d / 0 i / 0 u / 1 = 100% ucf EUDB

1 entry for EUDB imported (CUBTFR_COPY *).

successfully set a temporary lock on table RSMPTEXTS

Table RSMPTEXTS: Duplicate record during array insert occured.

End import LIMUCUADBTFR_COPY (with warnings)

Updated to last level TP, R3trans , Kernel, SPAM.

Kindly suggest how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution is provided in SAP Note 1074030. You need to save the attachment with the sap note extract file AB64012.SAP, rename it to the support package that passed above error, for example if the error occur during the import of SAPKB70016 then you should rename the extracted file as AB70016.SAP. Copy this file to cofile folder under trans directory. Rerun the import and the issue should be resolved.

For further information on this and instructions see above SAP note 1074030, part 5c.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We gut the same problem while implementing EHP4 on an IDES System.

In our case, so we took AB64012.SAP and renamed it to A-701DOINSAPBASIS.SAP beacuse SAPK-701DOINSAPBASIS was producing the error.

Thanks for the helpfull tips in this thread...Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

FYI,

Even I had the same problem while applying SAPKB70016 for SRM and the solution provided in "SAP Note 1074030" helped me in resolving the issue. SPAM is moved further in applying support packs.

-

Thanks,

Rajeev Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

It is always best to update the Kernel, which includes R3Trans and tp, first, then SPAM next. After both of these have been updated you should proceed with applying the ABAP Support Packages.

Generally speaking you should update the Kernel to the latest version in the Stack and SPAM to the latest level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jared,

It's what I did before applying support packages.

Thank You and Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of SAP are you running?

Also, have you tried to restart the import after the error. Sometimes, especially on Basis SP's, they will error, but if you restart the import again it will continue through.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jared,

IDES ECC 6.0 SR1, Oracle 10

Thank You and Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to import the package again after the error?

Also, how many support packages are you trying to apply? Is it just this single Basis package? Is there a queue of Basis packages? Are there several ABAP packages in the queue?

Sometimes I have found that if you encounter an issue like this you can try to apply each package one at a time and it will get passed the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats correct; choosing multiple support pack in one queue may cause issues. Divide it in small groups and even then you have trouble with one specific then apply that individually. Mostly the support pack errors are corrected when you redo it. Also make sure SAINT/SPAM was upto date too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have exactly the same error.

I am applying SAPKB70016 only in the queues.

Tried running again but still the same error.

Kernel patch was upgraded prior to the SP.

Appreciate the assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post any current information from log files located in /usr/sap/trans/log or /usr/sap/trans/tmp?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jared,

Here is the error log:

Start import LIMUCUADBTFR_COPY ... |

| 1 entry for TADIR updated (R3TRPROGBTFR_COPY ). |

| 0 d / 0 i / 0 u / 1 = 100% ucf EUDB |

| 1 entry for EUDB imported (CUBTFR_COPY *). |

| # R # W # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # |

| # R # W # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # |

| 00520057002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020 |

| 00520057002000200020002000200020002000200020002000200020000000200020002000200020 |

| unsorted data detected RSMPTEXTS.OBJ_CODE (memcmpU returned 1) |

| db interface delivers unsorted data (8). Binary search in twrtab() will fail! |

| db interface delivers unsorted data (30). Binary search in twrtab() will fail! |

| db interface delivers unsorted data (49). Binary search in twrtab() will fail! |

| 1 duplicate key error during insert into table RSMPTEXTS occured |

| End import LIMUCUADBTFR_COPY (with warnings)

Best Regards,

Ka Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had the same prob...i could solve!

try this like me:

1.) delete the Japaniese lang. entries from table RSMPTEXTS for PROGRNAME = BTFR_COPY or BTFR_COPY_TRALA

2.) run reports: SAPRSEUF, SAPRSEUG (with param 'X')

3.) SE11 for RSMPTEXTS, Utilities->database objects->database utilities->activate and adjust database... after that extras->force conversion

for me it was the solution...

regards Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen this ini the past and am not sure what was the resolution. I do know that OSS Note 542302 is a good resource to use when cleaning up table RSMPTEXTS; especially multiple entries. You may try some of the reports that it recommends and see if it will correct your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Petö,

It was the solution for me too. 😃

Thank you very much for the assistance.

Thanks, Jared for providing the details of the correction.

Best Regards,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius, I am happy to hear...

i have reached the next problem.. i must upgrade the Oracle client... I suggest you to upgrade the Oracle client befor you begin with SAPKB70017:

Note 1274493 - Windows: TP/R3trans might terminate with old DB library

Apply the latest Oracle instant client. For more information, see SAP note 998004.

regards Roland

Edited by: Petö Roland on Feb 4, 2009 7:05 PM

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petö,

I´m trying to delete the japanese language entries but the option in the menu is locked.

Any clue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Check OSS notes 452710 and 1074030. Might be an issue with your R3TRANS version.

Regards.

Ruchit.