Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC Access Control - Compliance Calibrator - License Cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have some questions on Compliance Calibrator implementation.

1. Do we have to pay additional cost for the license to implement Compliance Calibrator?

2. Since SAP GRC 5.3 is just released, which one do you recommend? SAP GRC 5.2 or 5.3?

3. What would be the major difference between Compliance Calibrator in GRC 5.2 and 5.3?

Best regards,

Rolando

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolando-

1. Yes, there lies some license cost and the amount should not as much as taking SAP R/3 license. I am not sure of exact amount but its nominal as compared to other SAP products.

2. SAP always recommend for the latest version available and why not one would go for latest version if you are paying something for that.

Also, it depends on your existing R/3 version and its compatibility. In short run, you can choose per your existing versions but in long run everyone has to move to latest version. Say for example whoever is using SAP R/3 technology with whatever version, they all need to upgrade to ECC6.0 by 2011 with extension upto 2013. I am not sure of any such information about GRC AC though.

3. Some enhancement have been done with CC 5.3. Those features include-

1. Risk analysis for SAP Enterprise Portal and UME

2. BI integration for custom reporting

3. Reporting enhancement features include additional auditor, business manager and IT reports

4. SOD management by exception. Can be integrated with workflow.

5. Import/Export of configuration data

6. Migration scripts

7. Download and print capability on every report.

Some performance improvements-

1. Concurrent risk analysis.

2. batch mode risk analysis

3. Improved memory mgmnt etc.

Hope it gives you now some more visibility.

Cheers!

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolando,

Ashok has provided pretty good explanation and I totally agree with him.

Please take my word and install AC 5.3 SP5. It is a far better tool than AC 5.2. Especially, it is very stable and the performance is much better.

Regards,

Alpesh

SAP GRC Manager (PwC)

0 Kudos

Hi, Ashok, Alpesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the GRC license, is it counted as user based? Can you share the estimate? (per user)

The reason I asked about implementing GRC 5.2 or 5.3 is because as I understand GRC 5.3 was just being released. I'm not sure whether it has reached its mature state. As opposed to GRC 5.2 which had been released way before, and has been used by many customers, that release may become more stable.

Best regards

Rolando

0 Kudos

Hi

The price is calculated based on the company revenue.

Base price for yr 2008 for Access Control only is $112,500 (revenue up to 250 Mio. USD)

US $1.204.500 (revenue 1001-3000 Mio. USD)

Maximum list price was US$ 6.648.000

source: http://www.documents.dgs.ca.gov/pd/masters/slp/CarahSoftSAPMasterPriceList.pdf

Regards,

Vit

Google is my friend

Edited by: Vit Vesely on Jan 21, 2009 10:34 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Vit,

You are absolutely right. Larger your company , larger is the cost you have to pay for staying complaint :). SAP is really an intelligent company . I have only heard about this , but now I have seen an actual document as proof . Thank you very much sharing this information.

As Alpesh have said, AC 5.3 should be selected than AC 5.2 just because, it is the standard release now.

Apart from this following is the support strategy as per product availability matrix

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002212&_EVENT=DISPLAY

Maintenance Type Date More Information ...

End of mainstream maintenance 31.03.2013

End of extended maintenance 31.03.2016

So If you go with GRC AC 5.2 the sap mainstream maintenance will end by 2010 which your client may not appreciate. Also all the stability and other features of AC 5.2 will be there in AC 5.3

0 Kudos

AC 5.3 is not as brand new as quoted above. AC 5.3 is going to celebrate its first anniversary in this very first quarter of 2009 only.

0 Kudos

Are you pointing to Ramp up release date? I guess so, because Access Controls 5.3 was released only on 23rd Sep 2008.