cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the process ID in a BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'd like to know if it's possible to get the process ID of a BPM at runtime. I'd like to show this ID in an Alert.

Later using transaction SWF_XI_SWI1 ("Process Selection", inside sxmb_moni_bpe) you could check the process.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very much Possible.

You will get the BPM process instance number where the failure is occured.

some think like

Process 000000005328

Regards

Sunil.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we define a control step and mention the alert category.

Once the alert is raised in any instance it will take the process number of that instance and an alert will be thrown into the alert inbox by Workflow System.

I think you are refering to Message ID whihc is not possible to capture in BPM , but the BPM process ID is default provided by SAP XI in Alert Subject.

Regards

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John,

that's indeed the case if you use the ALERT SERVER as the SOURCE of the alert AND you use dynamic text when defining the alert in tcode alrcatdef. The subject of the alert would be something like: "Process 000000005328" as you say.

However I'm using the ENTERPRISE SERVECES BUILDER (PI 7.1, old Integration Repository) as the SOURCE of the alerts. In PI 7.1 you have this new functionality of creating the alerts in the ESB. For the reasons I'm doing this, check [;.

I have no problems in getting the message id in the alert, but I'd like to get the process id also, if it's possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not got the expertise in 7.1