cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Coding mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

My clients want to create a New Co. Code (dedicated for R&D Projects) and this Company code should be similar to one of their Company code.

My question is that hey have got their certain Project nomenclature for projects. If I am copying everything from old company code, should i change Project Coding mask or leave it as it is?

please help me.

pallavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palls,

It is totally upto you as you can make it same also but advicable to have different coding mask to have better differentiation between reports and other objects. You can also see the link below to have billing between these company codes :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/aa/96853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Thanks ,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Edited by: Dhruv Kumar Malhotra on Jan 20, 2009 11:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Project coding masks are not co. code dependent so no need to change them unless you are going to use different coding altogether in the new co. code.

Regards

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's depend upon you how you want to see the projects in new company code. say by the name of the project, if you wanted to identigy the project is belings to which company code this is your requirment than only you need to create new coding mask.

Oterwise old coding mask will work out.

Regards

Nitin