cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catlog frofile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

plz explaine me about catlog profile used in material master.

Regards

Nirmala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmala,

Please award according to the usefulness of the answer to your question. This is required to keep turning around the questions really fast.

Thanks,

RKM.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nirmala

An example can be - i have a motor has a material. when the this motor fails in market i know what will be the defects and what are the reason (cause) and what are the activities needed to attend these.

So if i define a catalog profile in MM and when you create a notification for the same it simplefies the work of the person who is creating the notification. The author of the notification can easily choose the defect, cause, tasks activities for this defective material rather searching for the codes in the general catalog profile that you might have attached to the notification

hope this helps

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks gajesh and Ravi

Can u elborate it with scenario.plz

Regards

Nirmala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nirmala,

You mean to say its from QM view, right. Catalog profile for used for so many purposes. I can list out something here

1. General purpose

2. for gauges

3. Calibration

4. Material lab testing

5. for PM

6. for Q' Messages, etc.,

Normally, it is not used. Any special cases like Calibration purpose, it is used. For gauge calibration if the gauges are taken thru material master, then catalog profile is used.

Reg,

VRMP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmala,

To add to what Gajesh mentioned; it is important to know the difference between Selected set and Catalog Profile.

Selected Set can have codes from the same Catalog while Catalog Profile can have codes from different Catalogs under them.Therefore while assignment to Notification where you have to assign Cause, Defect,Tasks etc. Catalog profile comes in handy.

Please see link for Selected Set:http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=45409765hd9.jpg

Thanks,

RKM.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nirmala,

Catalog profile as you know is a set of code groups which you normaly do the cusomisation and attach it to notification. If you maintain a catalog profile here then his catalog profile takes precedence over the catalog profile assigned to the notification type.A profile defined in the material master has priority over one defined in Customizing.

For eg if one of your material is having any defect and you want to raise a notification and you obviously know what are the type of defects, cause, task & activities maintain this catalog profile helps you in assigning it in notification better than the general catalog profile you might have maintained for the notification type

Hope this helps

regards

gajesh