cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME User Login Error!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to log on using GRC Access Controls 5.3 Launch Pad, and I do not face any such session problem in any of the four applications, I can easily switch between different applications. But I get a strange error on the footer of the Launch Pad screen.

"UME User Login Error!"

any idea about it ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Please login to UME and make sure that you have set language for your user id. Please set it as english. save and log off and login again to launch pad.

I was able to fix my issue . Try at your end let me know.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please ignoe the response below. I mistakenly responded to the wrong post.

Cheers,

Rick Morris

Hello,

I checked the R3 user that we use in CUA and it is indeed a communication user. I clicked the i button in su01 when I was looking at the Logon Data tab. Perhaps the CUA systes has the profile parameter mentioned below set to 2 or 3 days...

Good luck

Rick

This password was assigned by the user administrator, and not by the user himself or herself.

The user is prompted to change this password the next time he or she logs on, into a productive password that only he or she knows.

You can limit the validity of the initial password. You can set the maximum possible length of time between the password being set and its first use with the profile parameter login/password_max_idle_initial (specify in days). Once this time has elapsed, password-based logon is no longer possible.

The user must then contact the user administrator. The adminsitrator can assign a new password, for which this period then starts again.

The user also has to change his or her password if the password no longer fulfills the current password rules and immediate password change is required with profile parameter login/password_compliance_to_current_policy.

The password status can also be checked even if in the case of a non-password-based logon, if the user is using a SAP GUI. You can use the profile parameter login/password_change_for_SSO to choose between the following options (profile parameter values in parentheses):

No check of password status (0)

Check password status

If the check determines that the password needs to be changed (because it has expired or is initial), the system offers the option to change the password (3), to deactivate it (2), or both options (1).

Edited by: Richard Morris on Feb 13, 2009 7:34 PM

Edited by: Richard Morris on Feb 13, 2009 7:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amol,

We were facing a similar kind of problem.As Sahad said that you will have to set language for the user with which you are trying to login .Once the language is set please check even then if doesnt work then please restart sap and check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, the problem solved, actually I had my data source as R/3 backend and the language was not specified for the user. I tried changing the credentials in the UME which didn't allowed me to, soon I realized the data source is R/3 backend. Finally problem solved.