cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Sales Modification: Copy JAR File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a jar file that I need to use in the Internet Sales pages. Where do I copy that jar file.

Originally in the J2EE Server, I will just put in the path C:\Sun\AppServer\lib and will already work.

I cannot find which folder to put the jar file.

Hoping for your fast reply.

Thanks a lot!

April

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi April ,

u can add this jar file as an external library to ur J2EE Application . then during deployement this will automatically in the lib folder of ur application in the sever .no need to copy this file in the server.

u can add external library to one J2EE project in this way..

1)Right click on ur Project -> Properties->Java Build path->Libraries->Add External Libraries

in another way also u can do this.. deploy ur jar file as a Lib Project in studio. then deploy this to server .. then give reference to this lib in ur project.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

Thanks for the answer. Can you explain further. I'm really new to Internet Sales.

I have a jar file that is used to read excel files. Can I just copy it in the server.

Thanks a lot!

April

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

Can you please just guide me on how to do your second suggestion.

"in another way also u can do this.. deploy ur jar file as a Lib Project in studio. then deploy this to server .. then give reference to this lib in ur project."

I'm still having problems.

Thanks a lot!

April

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi April,

I would say there is no <b>second suggestion</b>.. We need to do the both things for running the program. Since the Jar file you are using is a external Jar file so you need to include this in the project while the deployment of the project.

You have to take following steps:

<b>1) Include the jar file in Build Path -> Add external Libraries.

2) Open the project in the Package Explorer and find the lib folder. Copy the jars into this lib folder. [Ctrlc] and [Ctrlv] will do the trick..</b>

What happens is while building the application the program take the reference from the build path libraries, so it will not show any error.. But if you deploy the application to the server without adding the jars file it will show an error "<b>JavaDefNotFound</b>" error..

So you need to copy those jar files in the lib folder so that application is deployed with the jar file included in the package.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please do reward points if helpful and solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pravesh. I'll try to do your suggestion.