cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch determination goes wrong when creating TO for delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus, I have looked around to find a solution to why the system picks the wrong batch. We have a material that is batch managed and condition managed, so a B batch ends up in unrestricted use, and a R batch ends up in Restricted Use. The ATP check is set up so it only will see the unrestricted batches. And when I look in the delivery and checks the availability there it says I have 9 psc og B batch availible. This is correct, but when I create the following TO, it picks a R batch, probably because this is the oldest quant. How can i make this work? Is there any way to trigger ATP check at the creation of TO in transaction LT03?

in advance thanks

Regards

Ivar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivar,

I don't think that ATP check would be in direct connection with WM TO.

I tried to do picking with batch of restricted status and I got error message L3712.

In batch management it is possible to infulence the WM TO creation. Please check your settings under SPRO > Logistics - General > Batch Management > Batch Status Management > Activate Batch Status Check in WM.

If I set "Transfer of batches with status 'restricted' allowed" indicator, SAP created the TO w/o any problem...

(I'm not sure settings here are reaponsible for your problem / can solve your problem).

Regrads,

Csaba

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solved the problem, found it myself also late yesterday

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Ivar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, but i cant figure out how this solves the problem, I have looked around in these transactions and tried to set up one for my example. But i cant find anywhere to avoid the batches that are restricted. I think i need more help on this one...How can I avoid LT03 from picking batches that are restricted. ATP does not work correct. I tested some more here, and if I try to confirm the TO I get an error message when it tries to update the delivery because of the ATP check. I think there should be a possibility to have this check at creation of TO.

Regards

Ivar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, there are a couple of things you can do. First go to your delivery, go to batch split and then click on batch determination and click on either strategy analysis, log, selection criteria or strategy info. Do your analysis there to see what selection class etc is being taken into consideration. You normally put in the selection class, a characteristic which looks at the status of a certain batch and excludes the restricted batch from the determination process. The name of the characteristic is LOBM_ZUSTD (status of batch).

You can also setup batch determination in WM but you will face the same issue there. However, you can switch whether restricted batch can be moved through WM for certain mvt's.

Regarding the ATP, check the availability check control (you also see that through the batch split and then availability and scope of check to see whether restricted is included or not).

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tested in the sandbox and I can't get any quantities from a restricted batch confirmed on my sales order. In that case the batch determination will not pick up the restricted batch as well. In case the order gets created and after creation, the batch gets restricted and only then you create the delivery, you can prevent the restricted batch from being determined with selection class as described.

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the batch determination strategy and specifically the selection class in VCH2/VCH3, if any assigned. Within the selection class, it should be arranged that only available (unrestricted) batch should be assigned. Currently, I assume that your selection class does not look at status of the batch.

Regards,

MdZ