cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM / CRM Mobile Sales & Service - the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very basic question. I am trying to understand the differences in architecture between MAM & CRM Mobile Sales & Service. Some quick investigation has identified that the difference lies in the fact that CRM uses the mobile client technology (because of richer functionality available), whereas MAM is based on mobile infrastructure (Java). Am I heading in the right direction here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KaushalShah
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are in the right direction.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Octavio,

Mobile Asset Managment (MAM) can not be used with CRM backend.

MAM basically brings some Plant Maintenance/Customer Services functionalities offline. Two major functionalities are order management and notifications management.

For your information order in R/3 PM/CS is not the same as order in CRM.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larrisa ,

Can you throw some more light on integartion between CRM ans MAM and how we can use it secondly you said that MAM work with CRM HOW?

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Again, there is NO integration between MAM and CRM. MAM works with ECC.

I don't see anywhere in my answer that I said the opposite.

CRM has it's own mobile application.

Best regards,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to check my VAN/Stock inventory like to serviceman workorder are sent and service man receives it so in return he either resolve the problem on phone if not then he goes to cpmany and repair the product .After coming back he update his time and product cost and sent it to billing department for further processing.So from here he CAN CHECK his stocks and dif the stock is not available then he gives a date to resolve .

So for this process which is a better process and how CRM 4.0 already installed

CRM mobile services or MAM to work with

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Here is a similar business process existing in Plant Maintenance and implemented in MAM:

In the backend, storage location (that will be his stock in van or car) is associated with a mobile user and it has some materials and equipments in it. When user synchronises his device he sees his inventory.

In the backend, order (on operation level) is assigned to a mobile user. This order operation can have some materials planned for consumption.

When user syncs - order is pushed down to the device.

Technician can:

1. do time confirmations for this order (for example, his travel or work time)

2. create material confirmation (good movement) for either planned material or unplanned material consuming what he has in his inventory. His local inventory gets updated to reflect the fact that amount of material has decreased.

3. capture customer signature that operation was performed.

When order is synced back to R/3 material cost will be recorded against the order.

If technician does not have material in his stock (storage location) there is no ATP (availability to promiss) request or purchase request in standard MAM. Technician will have to call back to the office to get material availability date, reservation, etc. Or you do customer enhancement to MAM for this funcionality.

I don't know CRM processes, somebody else hopefully will help you.

Cheers,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larissa,

Please some doc on this VAN/Stock system at vermahapur@yahoo.com

regards

Sunny

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I don't have any specific documentation for this particular scenario. I can recommend you to download next documents from service marketplace regarding MAM:

1. "Functional Documentation Mobile Asset Management 3.0"

"Step-by-Step Guide SAP Mobile Asset Management 3.0 for Handheld"

"Step-by-Step Guide SAP Mobile Asset Management 3.0 for Laptop"

all of them will give details on how front-end works for Inventory Management and material conformation (which will be in Order Management).

2. "SAP Mobile Asset Management 3.0 Configuration Guide" gives an idea how backend is configured to assign stock to a user.

This is standard documentation which is released with the application. Please let me know if you have problems finding this docs and I will send them to you.

Cheers,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larrisa,

Please send me the link and ur email ,would really appreciate.

regards

Sunny

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

you can find some of the docs I mentioned at https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/swdc

under "Release and Upgrade Info" -> "Installation and Upgrade guides" ->SAP xApps -> SAP xApps for Mobile Business -> MAM 3.0

I can send you "step by step" guide by mail.

Regards,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Larissa,

vermahapur@yahoo.com

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

waiting for mail ??

sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi octavio,

iam looking for thae same,

can you provide the information on

Compatibility of Mobile Asset management with SAP CRM-Service

Can we use MAM in mobile CRM or with ECC only?

To make it work with SAP CRM, what need to done?

Thanks,

kreeysh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

you have to distingiush a bit.

SAP offers MAM which runs against the ERP and resides on top of the Mobile Infrastrucutre. It is available for Laptops and PDAs.

Then SAP offers Mobile Sales/Service CRM for PDA. This is as well a Mobile Infrastrucutre based mobile application that runs against the CRM System. The UI is optimized for PDAs, but as MI runs on Laptops as well this app could also reside on the Laptop (may waste of UI space or UI adjustments neccessary).

Third in the row is the Mobile Sales/Service CRM for Laptop. This is a Visual Basic .NET application which is connected to the CRM. The technology platform is completely different to the Mobile Infrastrucutre.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/mi?rid=/webcontent/uuid/fd173f8c-0901-0010-128d-c2286... [original link is broken]

You can find all the info on the different apps following this Link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/mi?rid=/webcontent/uuid/bf4dbf72-0901-0010-2089-b0a7d... [original link is broken]

As e.g. MAM uses BAPIs in the backend to insert or read data you can typically not plug the apps against a differnet backend type (say MAM again CRM, or CRM HH SALES against ERP will not be possible).

Cheers,

Tom