cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment with Material Component in Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All PS memebers,

Can I attach any autocad drawing or pdf file or any doc file or any excel file with a material component. If yeas, what is the customization or procedure for it?

C.R. Mohanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can assign documents or files to material components.

in cj20n open your project and right-click on the material component > services for object > create > create attachment.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any text can be added directly attached in the material component long text > load local file. But my requrement is that how to attach .pdf (quotation) or .dwg (any drwaing)or excel file or doc file to a partcular material component so that it will be a reference document for the purchasing department to process further. I mean the the purchasing department can open from ME21n.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...you can link Autocad file to your project using Document Management System.

You will require DMS server separately for it.

you will also require to do configuration like Document type,Document Version in Document Management System.

Regards,

Nitin

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not advisable to attch any doument directly...it will hamper server space...

it always advisable to go with DMS..... if it is avialable.. which will have seperate server... so that you can scan all the documents & saving in DMS sam can be used in Project material...

open project

select material

document overview

venkatesh