cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Iam doing Idoc to file scenario. I have done all the configuration. To test the interface iam using we19.

When I execute with data, Idoc is posted succcessfully. But it is not sent to XI. I checked it in SXMB_MONI, No msg flow wrt this interface. Could some one tell me what could be the problem. How would i know where the problem is exactly. I cannot check it in RWB as it is Idoc to file, there is no sender agreement. Pls suggest me how can i find the problem area in this situation.

Regards,

Radhika.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

please check in IDX5 in XI server whether u are able to see your entry over there or not?

have u maintained metadata in IDX2 in XI server.

once follow this blog to clarify more doubts on this.

A Step-by-Step Guide on IDoc-to-File Using Business Service in the XI Integration Directory by satish jaiswal

Thank You,

Madhav

Note: Points If Useful.

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked in R/3 sxmb_moni whether was that succesull going out for R/3.

Regards,

Chandra.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika

You are doing IDOC to File Scenario,after done with the necessary design and configurations we had gone to WE19 T-code and executed the scenario,idoc posted sucessfully but you can not see the message processing in SXMB_MONI and RWB,is it rite the problem you are facing......?

--->When You are creating the Business System in SLD for that BS we need to maintain the Logical System Name(LS name) which we had created in R/3 system and also,

-->Make sure that the ALE settings are fine or not especially the RFC destination pointing to the PI R/3 Sytem from PI server and also clear the cache throgh SXI_CACHE.

-->Definately it will work and in WE19 while maintaining the port and partner number under receiver tab and sender tab....becareful.....

and also go to t-code SMQ1 and SMQ2 o/b and i/b queues to clear the queues.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the following

1. IDoc sent to correct port

2. Idoc transferred successfully or not (SM58)

3. Check IDX5 in XI whether idoc reached or not

4. Check all the port and RFC destinations are properly configured and have required authorisations.

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Idoc posted succesfully. I couls c the status code 3. When I checked sm58 i got an error "EDISDEF: Port SAPERD segment defn ZE1P0008_EXT000 in IDoc type HRMD_ABA05". There is no complete desciption for that. What does it mean?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Check with this guide if the IDOC configuration is done properly

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for error "EDISDEF

did you load metadata in IDX2 for your idoc

may be the segment version that caused the problem. it should be left blank.

have a look at this note: 837595

IDoc adapter metadata EDISDEF not maintained

look at this thread

Regards

Abhishek

Edited by: Abhishek Agrahari on Jan 20, 2009 10:24 AM

0 Kudos

Radhika,

Jus delete the metadata in the IDX2 transaction.

Now go to the entries in SM58, and press F6 after selecting the required messages.

this should work.

let me know if it doesnot work..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check from your ABAP team that the IDOC which you are trigerring is in released state or not......if it is released, then in XI in IDX2 transaction, update the metadata of your IDOC.......retrigger your IDOC in we19 and then you will get your IDOC msg in XI.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check it in tcode SM58 of R/3 system and also SMQ1 and SMQ2 of XI system.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI radhika,

Please refer these Links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b815e43d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

/people/vasanthakumar.balasubramani2/blog/2005/12/21/complete-reference-for-idoc-queuing-and-monitoring

http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check sm58 transaction in sender R/3 system for error.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you done partner profile configuration in WE20 transaction in r/3 and specified your IDOC for outbound parameter for your XI logical system.........check in WE05 the status of your IDOC................the status of your IDOC if it is triggered to XI should be "IDOC is in target system"....

if the status of your IDOC is "IDOC is in target system", then go to XI system and run transaction IDX2 and update metadata of your IDOC.........then retrigger your IDOC from R/3.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Jan 20, 2009 9:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Check in WE05

If the IDOC is sent succesfully to external system, it should reach the target system.

If not check the USER is locked (inside SAP XI) whihc is used in the RFC destination pointing from the business system to XI server.

Regards

Sunil.