cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit center determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to have the Sales Area determine Profit Center?

Alternative have the division determine profit center.

/ Henrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henrik,

I think, you must post this query in to [Forum: ERP Financials - Controlling|;

However, i try to suggest, based up on my little knowledge -

In General,

Profit Centre is maintained in Material Master Data, in Sales: General / Plant data, then the same will default in sales order.

But, to determine Profit Center, based upon Division; Try with:

Path: SPRO> IMG> Controlling> Proft Center Accounting> Assignments of Account Assignment Objects to Profit Center> Sales Orders> Sales Order Substitution--> Define Substitution Rule

(T. Code: 0KEM)

Define a substitution for the Field: Profit Center (PCASUB-PRCTR). In the pre-requisite, include your Division (Table field - CASUB-SPART). Then state substitutions for your profit center

Note: Refer

T. Code: SE11

Table: PCASUB

View: V023

Later-on, Assign the substitution rule to your controlling areaand set it as active.

Path: SPRO> IMG> Controlling> Proft Center Accounting> Assignments of Account Assignment Objects to Profit Center> Sales Orders> Sales Order Substitution--> Assign Substitution Rule

(T. Code: 0KEL)

Now, Create/ Save the Sales Order and check the Field: Profit Center, inthe sales order -

Sales Order Item--> Tab: Account Assignment --> Sub-Tab: Account assignment --> Field: Profit Center

Whether the desired substituion has taken place. Subsequently when you raise the invoice, the substituted profit center should get posted to in the various documents.

Best Regards,

Amit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't think its standard to get profit center from Sales area.

But alternatively you can create a 'Z' table which contains Sales area & Profit center combination.

Using Userexits, before saving the Sales order you can fetch profit center from 'Z' table into your sales order based on sales order's sales area.

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

With the help of FI CO consultant this can be done, they have to maintain a substitution rule for your requirement along with an user exists written by your Abaper.

the abaper will give you the combination equvialent to your sales area or the substution rule. If i am not wrong the Tcode is GGB1 for substitution rule. The abapers can write the combinations your required to maintain in /nSM30. This userexit will be assigned int he substitution rule by the FI co consultant.

regards,

Sudhir

Edited by: Sudhir Nair(India) on Jan 20, 2009 9:45 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure on your requirement as to why you need the profit center to flow based on Sales Area or Division.

Profit Center in sale order will flow based on the value what you have maintained in material master. If you want to change, you can change in sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi