cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I add BI_CONT to ERP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I've been given the task to install BI on our demo system (IT scenario Enterprise Reporting, Query, and Analysis). Everything is hosted on a single machine that consist of one AS ABAP instance with ERP ECC6 (Retail) and one JAVA instance with EP and EPC incl. GRC AC. The JAVA side is pretty clear. I need to add usage type BI Java.

The ABAP side is more unclear. Do I add the BI_CONT to the ERP instance? Or do I have an option in SAPInst to install a fresh ABAP instanace, and then add BI_CONT?

If both options are possible, which one is to prefer? If the latter, where in SAPInst do I find the choise to add a new ABAP instance?

The system is running on Windows Server 2003 x64 with SQL Server 2005.

Thanks and Regards,

Vit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per My understanding you are having ERP (Retail) i.e normal ERP system converted to IS (Industry Specific) so, you can not use that system.

Better to install a new instance i.e nw2004s and go for BI_CONT add-on that will be better in your senario.

--Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

You confiremed what I assumed. Im now installing a new ABAP instance with. Then I will patch it to the required level befor I install BI_CONT.

Thank you,

Vit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you will have an option to install the BI java which will include the BI_content also when you will be installing the system. Also since you mentioned you will be having everything in one box then I would suggest to choose the following when you begin installation:

AS ABAP, AS Java, BI Java, EP Core and EP

This way you do not have to install java stack again on ABAP.