cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external activity in network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when creating external activity the cost element field is mandatory.

how to make it as optional.

i have already used OPUB but it didn't help.

please reply!

thanks!

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for replies

i found the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our organization needs all the things to happen at project level means at the very top wbs level only. The lower level wbs and networks are only for reporting, informational, tracking, monitoring dates etc. purposes.

Harsh

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In this scenario you can use grouping WBSE so that all requirements captured through grouping WBSE.

just try..

( Not sure)

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If assigning material componant to project, assign it to Internal activity not External activity.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Our business requirements is that everything will be at project level; nothing will be at activity level or lower level wbs elements. all the materials will be assigned at the top wbs only and all the costs have to be at the top level; nothing at lower level.

thats why i need to make cost element field optional.

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, what is advantage of assigning activities at lower level WBS?

Better assign all activities to top level WBS.

What is role of lower level WBS in your case? I presume they may not be Account assignment.

Regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u want all the cost to be at top level WBS...use network header assigned activity and create one network under top level WBS element and assign the activities of that network to lower level WBS element..so that all the cost will be collected at Network header level and the top WBS will collect cost from that network. The lower level WBS element will not have any cost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

I think you cant have external activity w/o cost element. Cost element is a means for posting in CO. So for all PS objects cost element is directly or indirectly derived. For eg in case of internal activity, work center-cost center combination has cost element link. For cost activity we enter element directly. So you may not be able to make it optional, what is your businees requirement?

Regards