cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Client Copy Error- Table Def. Missing Locally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I cann't do Remote Client copy from production to development.

At begining, remote Client copy is successful. But I added some customized fields for Table Mara in develop client. and then when I do remote Client copy, Client copy cancelled, Error shows that there are some Different Field Names between 2 client. So I deleted these different field from develop client. when I redo Client copy, Error list shows "Many table Def. Missing Locally". these Table have especial Table Name such as /ASU/SCMATASKLST, UACC_BATCH and so on.... I checked these table there are existed production client not in develop client. But I have never created these table. what should I do?

Thanks

Henry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody can resolve it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a idea, whether I can create these missing table copy from production client. But, I don't know to copy table from a client to another client. meanwhile, these table aren't customizied table.

thanks

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ulf Brinkmeier

I have tried to do client copy via your guide. But, because these not existed in Develop client, So, cann't save this option. that means I cann't do client copy yet!

anybody can help?

regards

henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the tables don't exist in your target system, then set the entrys in your source system.

In SCC9 is a button for a comparison via RFC, if you do this you get a list of the differences

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there are same system ECC 6.0. Client copy is successful before until I changed Table Mara database structure.

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can exlude tables from the client copy in tcode sccl, menu 'edit -> expert setting -> tables'. If the tables exist in your source-system but not in your target system, you have to do these settings in your source system (not sure, did that a while ago and cannot test it right now ). Of course, the data in these tables will not be updated and you have to consider, if your copy is of any worth.

BUT: If both systems are of the same type and have the same patch level, you should really check why these tables are missing.

Edited by: Ulf Brinkmeier on Jan 20, 2009 11:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

One issue here. SCCL won't work here. Either Remote client copy or export/import needs to be done.

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops

The menu is there in scc9/scc8 also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course you are correct with that.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit

what means same landscape? whether I can do client copy ignore these error. for example, if I delete this client and recreate a new client, whether I can redo client copy.

thanks

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sun,

Deleting the client won't help. This is because tables are part of repository. Client only contains data not the data dictionary itself.

Coming to the landscape thing: What I wanted to confirm was whether the development and production systems you are talking about are of same type. I mean for example both should be ECC 6.0 or say CRM etc. Also the support pack levels in both the systems should be same !

With Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sun,

Are you sure that the production and development are part of same landscape. These are standard SAp tables.

regards.

Ruchit.