cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a dropdown to standard ESS application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am currently modifying a standard ESS application that requires me to add a "district" drop down. I managed to add it in the layout and also bind it to a standard model structure.

But the problem is when I deploy and run, all the values that are not specific to the country were displayed out as well.

I'm trying to find the code where it filters out only country specific but was not successful.

Anyone knows how to do this? or where I can find the piece of code that filters the values? or must I create a simple types for this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on the first drop down i. e country, the values for the second drop down i.e district have to change. Hope this is your requirement.

Try to write the code in the component controller where you are executing the bapi for getting the country values. If the values for both the drop down are coming from the same bapi, I think it is easy to implement.

Regards,

Revathi Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm. Okay. But I'm curious how come there's no code written for the standard drop down where by it just bind directly to the drop down by key UI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new dropdown is not a customised field. It is taken from the standard structure itself.

It is already displaying in the portal just that it has taken all the values in the T table and bind in the drop down. I just want the values that are specific to the country.

Is there a way to filter the values without creating a new FM / reimport model?

Edited by: Jin Jin Ooi on Jan 20, 2009 7:28 AM