cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just an Idea to keep forum clean

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't we have a sticky thread for all forums.

In this sticky thread people can paste the links which they consider inappropriate(link farms,copy paste etc) in the forum.

And later the respective moderators/mentors can decide upon the same and award points (key part of this idea) if it did help cleaning up the forum.

Now this will provoke people to even help in keeping the forum clean.

Will this work ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't this what the "abuse button" is already for, and in a more effective and less public way? If you leave an appropriate reply to a question you are reporting, you might even get lucky and have some "community points" awarded.

Thomas

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree it will work if used efficiently.

This was an alternative.

May be publicizing the use of "Abuse" would help too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

look like you are trying to increase the quality of the BI forums. From my point of view it makes more sense to press the abuse button instead of opening discussions here or in the CC or sending emails to my account. Each time you press the abuse button the BI moderator can react on it and even faster than going thru all the threads. I can only recommend to use the abuse button. All of you, interested in increasing forums quality should frequently do that. It makes life much easier for us moderators.

regards

Siggi

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there is some problem with the Abuse button it doesn't seem to work for me.

There are lots of link farms I had used the abuse.

Let me try put a mail to sdn.sap.com to rectify this.

Eg : I used Abuse----->General Abuse -

>Comment : Link Farm

[Study Links which is a huge Link Farm|;

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're welcome to join me here asking to enhance the abuse button functionality, unfortunately there was no feedback from SCN officials yet.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

> May be publicizing the use of "Abuse" would help too.

Publicizing abuse reports. well this can backfire also. People wud start misusing it.

So no need of publicizing it as ppl who can rightly use it already know abt it and use it.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Publicizing abuse reports. well this can backfire also.People wud start misusing it.

It is just info to moderators/mentors.What kind of backfire ?

Isn't it always discretion of moderators to judge Abuse reports ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

corrected that thread. Additionally I'd like to say that the abuse reports can be monitored by us and to be honest I've never seen one from you. So there must be something wrong with the system, or maybe with your browser .... I guess that need some deeper investigation.

best regards

Siggi

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspected that Abuse button doesn't work.Thanks for confirming that.

I have sent a mail to sdn.sap.com, hope it will be fixed.

I use IE 7.0 (sometimes FF) never had any problems till now for anything else, so I don't think so its the browser issue.

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

please execute an abuse report and let me know the date and time you did it so I can check, also the forum and the thread URL if possible.

Thanks & regards,

Michael

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I have checked the database, the respective abuse report records from your user are there. And further action was taken on all of them. So I guess that some moderator was just too fast for others to still see your reports

Regards,

Michael

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now this is confusing

Anywayz thanks I assume its working.

Answers (0)