cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to JDBC response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario SAP-> RFC -> XI -> JDBC. Where i'm using data from SAP R/3 to update a table in an Oracle database of a third party system. Is there any way i can find out if the fields have been updated succesfully or not?

I know that only if i use a synchronous JDBC reciever i will get a response.

Helpful suggestions will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I know that only if i use a synchronous JDBC reciever i will get a response.

As the process is updation it will return the number of rows effected, like this you can know whether the updation was successful or not.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for u r response.When it returns the number of rows affected will the message stop at the integration engine or will it snd it back to the RFC?

Can u tell me for the reponse do i have to create mapping between JDBC and Rfc. reponse?

Regards.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this link for formats:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

>>When it returns the number of rows affected will the message stop at the integration engine or will it snd it back to the RFC?

You have to map the JDBC response with Rfc. reponse?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I know that only if i use a synchronous JDBC reciever i will get a response.

As the process is updation it will return the number of rows effected, like this you can know whether the updation was successful or not.>>

Does this mean that a synchronous jdbc adapter returns the number of rows effected every time?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, A sunchrounous JDBC adapter call will return the number of rows affected.

If you are trying an <b>INSERTION</b>, then it will return the number of rows in which it is inserted.

If you are doinf an INSERT|UPDATE, it wil return number of insertions and also number of updations.

I would suggest that you read this cooments section of this documentation ,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I guess if you want a count of the number of rows that have been updated then you will have to use the sysnchronous JDBC receiver adapter. Apart from that I dont think there is any other solution for the same.

If you need any inputs on how to do the synchronous receiver adapter, with the doucment format, do let us know.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for u r quick response. Can u please tell me how to do the synchronous reciever adapter with the document format?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Response sent by your JDBC adapter will be not be a Apllication Level Acknowledgement, but rather a System Level Acknowledgement and so, you will have to configure a BPM, if you want to send the number of rows Updated as a response to your RFC.

For more info, just take a look at this link,

It contains the info,

<b>The response documents described below can only be evaluated by the Integration Server/PCK if the call is synchronous because the content of the response document is not accessible if the call is asynchronous. The response is put in a separate element <StatementName_response> for each statement element.</b>

So, if you want to send the response, then you will have to configure your receiver JDBC adapter sysnchronous, use a BPM to route the response message to whichever system you want.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I saw the link that u gave. can u tell me how can i configure my JDBC Receiver adapter as scynchronous and also can u suggest how i can go about if i decide to use BPM?

Regards.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>i configure my JDBC Receiver adapter as scynchronous

JDBC adapter is always synchronous. Just make sure that the interface on DB side to be made as synchronous with X and X_response as the input and output Message type.

>>can u suggest how i can go about if i decide to use BPM?

What is the actual scenario? First decide whether BPM is needed or not.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadasivan,

Please go through this blog and see if it helps you.

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/27/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-2

Regards,

abhy