cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Program / Module to Classify the products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in SAP GTS 7.1 version. we are trying to find standard function module / program or any object class that classifies the product.(Assign the ECCN and HS values to the product).

We could find the program that reclassifies the product( which requires a old classification number along with the new one) but how to assign classification numbers to a product(that is not classified yet) automatically ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vasanth.

Edited by: Vasantha Kumar Balasubramani on Jan 20, 2009 5:29 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try /SAPSLL/MAEX_UPLOAD_R3. This program links material numbers to numbering schemes (ECCNs & HS codes).

/SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3 links materials by plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

/SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3 program is ok - which links Material to the plant

where as /SAPSLL/MAEX_UPLOAD_R3 program does not seem to be linking the Material with the Tariff code and commodity code as they have only Legal Regualtion(GEGRU) as part of the input file and not numbering schema.

there is no numbering schema link defined for a material in the Input file structure.

Can you please tell me - How can this program assign Tariff code and commodity code without linking Numbering schema ?

Should we pass Numbering Schema in GEGRU field?

Thank you,

Vasantha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no standard programs/classes that we can use for the product classification.

We have taken a standard FM and modified it to a extend so that now it does the auto classification

I'm closing this thread.

Thank You,

Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

/SAPSLL/MAEX_UPLOAD_R3 does indeed link materials to numbering schemes. The upload file for this program includes the legal regulation, material number, and numbering scheme that are to be uploaded...

However, may I ask what FM you modified?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello vasanth,

What standard function module did you take to modify for product classification.

we are also trying to classify the products.

Thanks for your help.

-Amit.

Answers (0)