cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java problem in Oracle Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am upgrading Oracle Database from 9i to 10G .But while running preupgrade SQL @/oracle/stage/102_64/database/SAP/utlu102i.sql ..I am getting two new Invalid things that I was not getting in First system Upgrade..Please help me..I am not able to solve it..

Components: [The following database components will be upgraded or installed]

--> Oracle Catalog Views [upgrade] VALID

--> Oracle Packages and Types [upgrade] VALID

--> JServer JAVA Virtual Machine [upgrade] INVALID

...The 'JServer JAVA Virtual Machine' JAccelerator (NCOMP)

...is required to be installed from the 10g Companion CD.

--> Oracle Java Packages [upgrade] INVALID

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was this database initially installed using the RUNINSTALLER script in the SAP subdirectory of the RDBMS CD?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Actually, there are three systems are running on the same box. I have done Solman installtion and Database upgrade for one system..Now I am going for DB upgrade for quality..I deleted all the contents in stage directory and extracted everything in fresh..Please guide me...I havent run anything on 10G database particularly for this system..Please help me..I didnt get anything invalid when I was doing DB upgrade for another (DEV) system,..

Regards,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is:

Was this database installed with SAP default configurations and response file (RUNINSTALLER script, not the standard runInstallert) or has it been installed "manually"?. If the latter, then you need to add the missing part manually by executing runInstaller and adding that component.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Markus..the current 9I DB was installed with ./RUNINSTALLER option.I havent installed 10G yet..but its just a preupgrade script..Please let me know how to install that manually..while installing 10G can I install that..or I need to download something 10G Companion guide..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chinmaya,

Run the following SQL:

select dbms_java.full_ncomp_enabled from dual;

If it gives you an error, then Natively Compiled Java Libraries (NCOMP) were not installed.

This is not an error, you can ignore it as it is a warning. Refer to Oracle Metalink Note: 293658.1. There will be a slight performance issue if this is not installed.

This note provides details on installing the component if required.

Cheers,

Nisch