cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content based routing in PI 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

For the normal content based routing in PI 7.1 in the receiver determination step once i select the conditin and in the condition editor to choose the filed, i dont see any interface under the xpath.

I dont have any search help option in the xpath column

any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether your S/W component(in which u hav created your message interface) is assigned to your Business system in SLD.

Regards,

Sami.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

I am using the business components or business servcie but not business systems.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Try the steps which I am giving below, although it's a workaround and don't know the exact reason why it is failing.

1. Open your Outbound Message Interface (which you are using in your Receiver Determination) in IR, edit it and change the Interface pattern (which is there just below the category "Outbound") to "Stateless (XI30 - Compatible)" , save it activate it.

2. Follow the same step for your Inbound Message Interface. Change the Interface Pattern from "Sateless" to "Stateless (XI30 - Compatible)" .

3. Go to ID. Remove your Outbound and Inbound Message Interface from their respective Business Service/Comp and add it again.

4. Create your your receiver determination again using the Outbound and Inbound MI you have changed.

5. Open condition editor of your receiver determination.You should be able to see your Message Interface and can choose the XPath.

Follow the above steps carefully. It took me an hour to find this workaround. Let me know if it works.

Thanks

Amit

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go ahead with Amit's suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks a lot and it has solved the problem but it is not working for Abstract Interfaces.

I have 3 send steps in the BPM and I need to do conditional routing for all these send steps and i have the same problem as previously.

I appreciate your help and effort. Please let me know if you have ideas on working with the Abstartct interfcaes.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Were you able to use XPATH for abstract interafaces.. If so, it would be really helpful if you could let me know the steps.

Thank you

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have multiple operations in one service interface than operation based routing is supported from NW PI 7.1 EHP1.More info available at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20c237f1-3caf-2b10-3a83-cce9ed5f...

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Change the interface pattern of service interface from stateless to stateless(XI30-compatible) in IR.The xpath will work fine!

regards

yu ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ming,

I have tried this and it did not help. I have created the context objects in the ESR in PI 7.1 for the service interfcaes but when i want to selct them from the ID in Receiver Determination step i could not find them. I see only the standard context objects but not those defined by myself.

Can somebody please let me know what can be done so that i can see the context objects which i have defined can be seen in Receiver Determination step in ID.

I have also cleared the SLD cache in ID

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

XPath is a text field and you need to specify the XPath explicitly. You wont get any F4's for this field.

Thanks!!!

Sidhartha