cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master for same Sales Org

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

we have a qualified table SALES ORG in material master repository with Sales Org and Distribution channel as NQ and Field1...4 as Qualifiers. Combination of Sales org+ Distribution channel is Unique field for Qualified table.

But we are able to add different set of qualifiers for same combination of NQ in Data manager.Say record M1 can have two or more sets of Field1...4 values for same combination of NQ: 0001(sales Org) and 01(dist channel). Ideally a material record should not be extended to the existing same sales area. How do we ensure this in MDM?

Definition of unique field only restricts creating of same sales area but this does not work at record level. Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

thanks-

Ravi Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

U r right......

Qualified Table doent work like Multivalued Lookup field.

Say if u hv Country as Multivalued Lookup field in main table, then u can add any country only once.(If gets removed from left hand side & gets added to right hand side)

But when u go to Qualified link (for main table record) , u can add same NQ any number of times (it dosent get removed from left hand side) & have different values of Qualifiers for this 1 NQ.

As per my knowledge, this shd not be allowed.

(Q table ensures uniqueness only when u go to Qualified table & try to add duplicate NQ combination.... It gives error saying record already exists.)

Thanks,

Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maheswari.

This is what MDM offers. But since it offers standard repositories for diff objects like material, customer, vendor and all of them will have this requirement either for Sales Area, Company code or Purchasing organisation I was thinking that this should be suppported by standard MDM features.

Any workarounds to achieve this. Will appreciate views from others as well.

Thanks in advance

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am concluding that MDM can not ensure the uniqueness of NQs for a record. This is even valid for 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The Qualified table in MDM works in this fashion.

Based on the Non qualifier the Qualifier values are assigned.But they are linked to the main table records.

For eg:

NQ - Place

Q - Price

Main table Field- Material

So based on the Place the Price of the product is determined however it will depend on the Main table field Material.

So if Place = Mumbai

Then Price = 100

If material = Pen

Howver for Place = Mumbai

Price = 500

If Material = Shirt.

So even though the NQ is determining the Qualifier it is dependent on the Material as well.

So based on this functioning the qualified table are designed in MDM.And so allows Differnt Qualifier for the same Non Qualifier value.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simono

If you can please go through my query again. for the same example you gave, if you convert to the scenario I am referring it will be:

For Material record PEN and Non Qualifier Place as Mumbai MDM should not allow to store different Prices.Different material record SHIRT for same place MUMBAI can have different Price.

Hi Jitesh

I see many challenges in Maintaining this via multi valued Lookup table:

1. table size will be huge.( All combination of NQs needs to be maintained)

2. Nested Lookup in the multi lookup table: difficult in Importing data.

3. Multivalued Lookup table is also unable to achieve above rquirement.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think this is the default behavior of Qualified table i.e. for same non-qualifier we can have different qualifier values. Try to achieve this requirement using Lookup (multivalued) fields instead of Qualified field.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja