cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to add new function to model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an application which already uses an Adaptive RFC model CustomerModel.

Now, I want to add a new function call to this model.

What is the best way to do this ? Deleting the model and recreating forces me to redo all the work with the mappings that we're already done.

There should be a way to just generate the classes for the new function call and map those in the context of my Custom controller.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You follow the following procedure...

1. reimport the model by right clicking the model.

2. select your model and click ok..

3. mapped the new things to your controller if any...

4. deploy the application it might give error...following are the option to remove error..

1.either restart the J2EE engine...if it is not possible then

2.go to systemadmin in portal then go to webdynpro tab...in the left there will be option for clear catche...click on it it will ask for Jco connection name give the jco connection name you are using and cleaar catche...

now deploy the appliaction again it will work fine...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reimporting the model will help. Right click on the already existing model and reimport. If it is not reflecting, try restarting the server.

Regards,

Revathi Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this link.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:WG9UIYCIIxQJ:https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/d...AdaptiveRFCmodelCustomerModel%2Baddanewfunctioncalltothismodel.&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on the model and select the "reimport" option from the context menu.

and select the required "RFC" from the "Select the RFC Modules" Screen.

after this step navigate to "Diagram View" use "Apply Template" option on the reimport model and select the RFC and perform the necessary steps.

Regards,

ramesh

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just select the Model node in the Web Dynpro project tree. Right click-> select Create Model. Create the model with another model with new function model. Add usage of this model to the controller. Bind and map the data and create one more method to execute this model. So whenever you want to execute the this function call you can call the corresponding controller's method. It won't affect the performance the much you can see that after execution.

Regards,

Siva