cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Availability Check key in an existent Sales Order line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus.

Is it possible to modify the Availability Check key (VBAP-MTVFP) of a material in an existent Sales Order line?

I changed it in the material master, but since documents are not automatically updated, I wanted to modify this value in an existing sales order line. I am not even able to find the field in it.

I had to delete the order line and create it again, but then I have troubles getting the exact same confirmed date that I had before.

Any help? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cant see at item level. To see in sale order, click from top menu bar, Environment -- Availability. Now you can see the availability check on top of the screen.

Meanwhile, I dont think, this field will be in editable mode once partial delivery is made in which case, LSMW also wont help you.

If your requirement is desperate to change the availability check, to me the available option is close the existing sale orders, create fresh orders after changing the availability check in material master. On the other hand, if you want to change only in sale order, then the option is LSMW as you cant even succeeed in TCode MASS

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a very old post, but having been researching, I thought I would add this suggestion as it works for us.

The way to do this is to update the schedule line category (VBEPKOM-ETTYP) to a value of 'CN' which is the SAP standard choice for suppressing ATP.

You may choose to configure your own schedule line category based on your needs.  And, you will have to make sure it is assigned as an alternate choice in IMG > SD > Sales > Sales documents > Schedule lines > Assign

We did this to improve performance and it seems to have shaved off 20-30% of a BAPI order simulation call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. That helps me a lot. Points are awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Can you please let me know how did you solve this problem? This is important to me.

I cannot see any function module or standard program updating an item's availability check group of an existing sales order. I am assuming the only possible way as of now is to delete and recreate the item in the sales order. Please let me know as early as possible. Thank you.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can you please let me know how did you solve this problem

Have you tried my suggestion ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi,

The change should happen on the existing sales order. I am NOT sure how it can be done via LSMW. I tried to find a user exit to change the availability check value but unsuccessful. If possible, kindly let me know about the steps to be followed via LSMW. Thank you very much.