cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while using XI Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using an XI adapter to send an XML message from an XI system to an ABAP system. The XI Adapter is a receiver. But I'm getting the following error:

<SAP:Category>XIProtocol</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Codearea="MESSAGE">LOOP_IN_MESSAGE_ROUTING</SAP:Code>

But when I replace the XI adapter with a file adapter, the file is getting created.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

service number:8000.

use the blog.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Use that and do the configuration as required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please find the configuration info of the adapter

Sorry the field names are in German. But i hope u can make out...

Transport-Protokoll : HTTP 1.0

Message-Protokoll : XI 3.0

Adapter Engine : Integration Server

Adressierungsart : URL-Adresse

Zielmaschine : ldcias1.wdf.sap.corp

Servicenummer : 50003

Pfadprafix : /sap/xi/engine?type=receiver

followed with the authentification information:

I'm using WAS 6.40. SO the Message protocol has to be XI 3.0, right?

Can someone tell me how the adapter will find out the correct ABAP proxy. We are not mentioning it anywhere in the adapter. In the ABAP system i think we create an HTTP Destination. Even there i didnt find any reference to the actual proxy which should receive the message. Or will the message have the information about the proxy?

If there are any useful articles on this, please let me know. Sorry i'm quite new to XI adapter, so questions can be foolish.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam afraid service number(port) is incorrect.

Regard,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just as Ravi said i too donot understand why are you using xi adapter, xi communication channels are used for proxies, you need a file adapter.

Just reconsider,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think i didnt explain things correctly. My requirement is to send the message to an ABAP proxy. Just to test if the receiver determination is correct, i replaced the XI adapter with a file adapter. The the file got created correctly.

The actual requirement is to send the XML message to an ABAP proxy which will trigger an inbound agent and create a node in a Business Object.

The file adapter was used only to test if the routings are correct.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Ideally this should be a straight forward scenario. Can you let us know what are the settings that you have done in the XI adapter?

regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whats your WAS version ?? please make sure that you use the correct message protocal if your WAS is less use as XI 2.0 and if was640 ang greater then xi3.0 , just recheck this settings.

Anirban.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using java or ABAP proxies?

Just curious to know why use proxies for creating files?

The problem is clearly due to reciever determination.

Can you please describe the scenario in detail so that we will be able to guide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

I don't think you are making right usage of the XI adapter. Why are you using XI adapter to send a file? What exactly are you trying to do?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the response. I shall elaborate the scenario. I have an Email Adapter (Sender) which pulls out mails from a mailbox. The mapping is done in XI and the mapped message has to be sent to an ABAP system where this message will be received by an inbound process agent and a node will be created in a Business object. Please see the representation below.

Mail XML->Mail Adapter->Mapping->XI Adapter->ABAP

Hope this makes it more clear. Could you suggest some inputs.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

on the receiving end, have you created a proxy. If yes, then use a XI Adapter.

How do you plan to recieve the message in the ABAP system?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes understood now,sorry for confusion

but for ->XI Adapter->ABAP part are you using abap proxies to update R3, May be a table in your case??

you may use abap proxy.

Regards,

Anirban.