cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Modify the transport package(EPA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frndz..

I need a clarification on EPA file modification, for ex in my scenario

MyRole-->

MyWorkSet-->

MyPage-->

Viewone Viewtwo Viewthree

with this stuff i creteated an EPA called MyEPA in DEV server n i transported to QA server,now i have a requiremnt that is to change viewone name to FirstView on QA server.

For this is i need to create a new EPA or can i modify the existing EPA(MyEPA), i hope we can modify the existing one.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can also run servlets as is, packaging them as portal components, as you would package JSP pages.

See the JSP section of the portal runtime guide.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/17/1c1e405d21c442e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

The following is additional material on servlets:

1. Create a servlet, that is, a java class that extends HttpServlet.

2. In the deployment descriptor of your portal application, define a configuration property named ComponentType and assign it a value of servlet, as shown below:

<components>

<component name="ServletTest">

<component-config>

<property name="ClassName" value="com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.ServletTest"/>

<property name="ComponentType" value="servlet"/>

</component-config>

</component>

3. Put the compiled servlet class in the private lib or classes folder.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reajesh,

I do not think you can modify the existing epa file.

what you can do it either change the Iview name In Dev and then create a new EPA file.

Or

Import the existing EPA file and then chanfe the name of Iview If you have content admin access in QA(generally we do not have).

Regards

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra..

Actualy this is an interview Question, that my friend has faced.

So i want to know is ther any way like to do that.

And Naren i have one more dought , actually parllel to EP proj there was an Java portal is also running at our client, now as per the client need we need to integrate the Java portal on EP means that same Java proj should run on EP server(not a new implementaion)

How to integarate the Java proj in EP.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Rajesh