cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNMASS - Ability to apply custom fields from structure CI_PROJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to add fields from the Customer Enhancment tab in structures CI_PROJ, CI_PRPS to CNAMSS transaction?

thanks,

Cathy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Try running report RCNCT001 in SE38.

This is to update Project Information System with new custom fields that you have added in PROJ/PRPS. May be you will get these new fields in CNMASS also, after successfully running this report.

Let me know if this works.

Brinatti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Adiya,

This report didn't help, CNMASS uses CNMASS_PROJECT_DEFINITION instead of PROJ/PRPS structures as mentioned  above by

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno/Yuri

Thanks for the update.

Really helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you could do that. We've implemented dynamic enhancements in SAPLCNMASS in FM that limit number of fields to change in program, but we're using standard fields from structures cnmass*. I assume your abaper could dig some more data in that direction.

Brinatti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Yury,

How you did that? because I have not found any enhancement point in CNMASS function group.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

I've had a requirement to add a vendor field in a mass change for a network activity.

I've checked that in function pool SAPLCNMASS some fields for objects to be changed are hidden.

Fields for mass change are taken from structures:

CNMASS_ACTIVITY_ELEMENT

CNMASS_ACTIVITY_MILESTONE

CNMASS_CHANGES

CNMASS_CHANGES_INCLUDE

CNMASS_COMPONENT

CNMASS_DETAILED_CHANGES

CNMASS_NETWORK

CNMASS_NETWORK_ACTIVITY

CNMASS_NETWORK_RELATION

CNMASS_PROJECT_DEFINITION

CNMASS_TABINFOS

CNMASS_WBS_ELEMENT

CNMASS_WBS_MILESTONE

So, i've found needed form and add Implicit Enhancement with code to retrieve hidden field.

Brinatti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Yury,

Guess I understood what you meant, I have to extend the structures used in CNMASS (CNMASS_PROJECT_DEFINITION, CNMASS_WBS_ELEMENT, CNMAS_**..) with my custom fields and implement my own logic to store the values on database through a Implicit Enhancement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I want to be able to do is use CNMASS to update all the fields in PROJ or PRPS including the new custom ones that were added in appended structures CI_PROJ or CI_PRPS. These fields are not available in the CNMASS dropdown lists as fields that can be used in CNMASS.

thanks,

Cathy

britta_leib2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. I want to change a customer field (from structure CI_PROJ) via trx CNMASS. But the fields of structure CI_PROJ are not provided.

Is there a standard possibility to extend the table CNMASS_PROJECT_DEFINITION with the structure CI_PROJ? I donu2019t want to modify the SAP table CNMASS_PROJECT_DEFINITION.

Of course I know that I can write a program ore use trx LSMW but I'm looking for a more suitable and comfortable solution.

@Cathy: did you find a solution in standard?

Thanks in advance for any hint!

Brinatti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have this same problem too!

What you did? any solution?

please share

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not getting what you are trying to acheive via adding fields in structure.

However as far as CNMASS is concered, I think that if you add also the field in structure and use that field for the mass change via CNMASS funcationality than that is not advisable.

In CNMASS few filed SAP has not give due to it's mass update may have other implication. like as status.

If you wanted to update perticular field than you can write BDC and use it. If I have not taken you question correctly than specify your requirement.

Regards

Nitin