Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.0 or 7.1 ?

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Developers,

I have developed several J2EE/WDJ apps in NWDS/NW 7.0

Now I would like to leverage the new NWDS 7.1, still working in the old 7.0 landscape (DI, deploy, production).

Is that feasible? I would like to skip migrations to new 7.1 WDJ, but odd behaviour seem to take place.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this link,

/people/michael.falk/blog/2007/11/20/reference-applications-for-sap-netweaver-ce-71

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

It is always recommended to use the same version of IDE & server.

It works in case of different SPs for same release.

But I feel it will not work here as there has been lot of changes in both the 7.1 NWDS & Web AS Java.

You should go for migration, refer blog /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2007/09/28/teched-07-ce206--migrating-web-dynpro-java-applications-from-sap-netweaver-70-to-ce-71

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the link.

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can develope CE 7.1 application using NWDS/NW 7.0, couple of things need to update it .

1. you need to update j2ee engine with EHP1.

2. While devloping Model/Bapi based application in CE 7.1 you need to take care two things first if you are developing RFC2 model...then u have to create NWA destionation. if you are going for Depricated one then you can use normal destion(JCO destion).

i hope it will help u

thanks

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincenzo,

Using NWDS 7.1 you can not deploy WDJ apps you can not deploy onto 7.0 server.

If you are using Adaptive RFC model in WDJ then, you will face so many problems in migration.

NWDS 7.1 and NWDS 7.0 are using different JREs so you may face some problems for J2EE apps too.

Regards,

Siva