cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a requirement to store about < 10,00 documents which should be available to SAP CRM system. Currently we do not have any DMS or other KM setup as this is the first time we are setting up such kind of process.

I did some research and found that some options are KM in Enterprise Portal, KPro, and Solution Databse in CRM. I think Kpro should be suitable for us. Any ideas on which path to go would be really helpful. Also if its KPro then how to get started, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What types of documents? There are a couple of ways to store with CRM so its dependant largely on the document type.

If they are just scanned images, then ArchiveLink is the best solution. CRM also has its own light version of DMS which can be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Thanks for you reply, your guidance is really appreciated.

The documents would be more of type MS Word Doc file, Pdf and outlook emails. These are the types for majority I could think of now.

I am glad you mentioned about DMS use on CRM itself as if possible, that would be our preferred approach. We also have a content server installation to store documents which are uploaded in CRM transaction codes like "BP". I think the volume is also not that big so we might be able touse the existing content server to store the documents, not sure though.

Thanks,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bare in mind the DMS available in CRM is not the same DMS as you have in ECC6. Its a lighter version which is much more limited functionality. You can find more information on this in the CRM help files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll keep a note of it. So how should we move forward, I mean how to begin with initially. We never have this kind of process set up so I am not familiar with the process of configuring the system, how would we be able to upload all those files on the content server (any standard report or program) etc.

Thanks so much Athol.

Ankur

Edited by: Ankur Jain on Jan 20, 2009 2:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone with CRM experience should be familiar with the content management functionality built into CRM as they often use this for templates for documents. Its probably a good place to start. I've only ever integrated ECC6 DMS into CRM and used ArchiveLink so I am not that familiar with the CRM config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Athol. I would try searching something for content management.

Thanks,

Ankur

Answers (0)