cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery to copy weights,volumes from material master,instead of sales ord

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The weights/volumes get copied from the material master to the sales doc and from the sales doc to the delivery.

We have a issue where proper weights/volumes are not known at the order entry. thus when the new weights etc are noted, they change it in the material master.

could some one please let me know how to configure the system to take the values from the material master for these instead of the sales doc to get the weights/volumes.

that is the delivery doc should get the weight and volume from the material master(changed values)

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Keshini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi keshini

The net weight, gross weight of the material flows from MMR to sales order and from sales order to delivery.

So to delivery the data copies from MMR only but not directly , but with its reference document (sales order).

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

I agree. but after they have created the sales order, they change the weight and volume in the material master, this does not get updated in the sales order, thus does not get copied to the delivery.

i want the changes in the material master to reflect in the delivery doc.

Any idea as to how i cn do this?

Keshini

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keshini

So , lets assume that you have created a sales order for the material MAT1 and it has Net weight 5kg & Gross weight 6kg ,Now the sales order status is open you have not yet delivered that order and you have changed the Net weight 10kg & Gross weight 14kg. So you want to update that open sales order to Net weight 10kg & Gross weight 14kg. If that is the problem then just go to VA05 and give the material (MATNR) and check the box open sales orders then you will get the open sales orders then in the menu you select to carryout the net weight & gross weight there you can change .and then you can do delivery then the updation will take place in the Net weight & Gross weight also

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will check this and let you know.

Thanks loads.

Keshini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I checked va05, but i cant find a place to update the weight and volume in the sales doc. i can go into the sales order from va05 but the weight/volume fields are grayed out.

Appreciate your help.

Keshini

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi keshini

Just go to VA05 , there you can see the sales orders the netweight & grossweight in grayed out feild only. But in Menu->settings->just check there is a option to carry out the net weight & Gross weight of material .If you cant find in VA05 ,, then check in VA05n also

Regards

Srinath