cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement of WBS/Project Profile (Cross Company Code)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

At my current client, we are having 45 company codes assigned to one controlling area.My question is around setting of Project Profile/Settlement Profile. How do I manage project profiles?

Also If I am managing few project profiles allowing cross company code settlement, what are the pros and cons of doing this? What are the bare minimums for this with respect to configuration

Thanks

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

projects are cross company codes but must be wuithin oine controlling area - so you are ok

the settlement will be from an object either WBS or network activity

the settlement will happen in the company code that is assigned to either the WBS or network activity

regards project profile create as less as possible - if the only difference is the company code then use templates for different companies, or make company code mandatory forcing the user to enter on creation - this will limit the number of project profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra,

So in short I keep the field of Company Code in Project profile empty and make it as required entry in front end.

What do you mean by using templates? Can you eloborate on the same?

Thanks

Shiv

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is a functionality in SAP PS to create project structures using templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra.

So if I put different Company codes at different WBS, n do the settlement, will it be fine? In such case what company code shall I put on the top WBS (Proj Defn)? Will it matter ?as I am not going to settle the top WBS but only the lower level WBS.

What is the standard practise in such type of scenario?

Thanks

Sarang