cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 6401 when indexing files with TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I know that the TREX indexing is a common problem and I have read all topics about this subject and I still can't get it to work.

I have set up the TREX server on one machine. And I have the Content server on another machine. Everything looks OK on the TREX side and all the indicators show green lights. I have set up a RFC connection and it works as it suppose to. When I open trx SKPR07 everything looks good. All indicators are green and I have completed the indexing and search test under the Index Category.

1. I begin with the re-indexing button. Then I get a Index Category.

2. I then select that Index Category under the tool tab in SKPR07 trx. In DocArea I have DMS and in the Index Category I have A29274...

3. Now I press the Trigger process and I get a list of document IDs and they are green. I get the Code 6401 (I have implemented the 650521 Note and I still have the same problem).

I have tested to create an Index from the Portal but I get an error there to (Unknown host).

Have tried to get it to work in over one week and I'm not fare from a nervous brake down

Best Regards Kristoffer P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have now indexed the DMS content server!!

Before I got an error code 6401. That was because there were authorization problems towards the content server. I used the Trace information (TrexPreprocessorAlert) in the TREX admin tool and copied the URL in the error message in the web browser on the server were the TREX server is located.

http://xx1.xxxxxxx.xxxxx.se:1234/sap/bc/contentserver/800

When I did this I got a message dialoge that asked me to log in.

I then looked in transaction SICF under sap/bc/contentserver and under u201Cloginu201D there were no valid user. I changed to the same user I use for the RFC connection and then it worked!!